Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Monster Beetle 12 years 10 months ago #1466

Picked up this monster beetle on ebay about 5 months ago. I paid about

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by dancetothedrummersbeat.

Re: Monster Beetle 12 years 10 months ago #1467

I'm thinking it looks brilliant! Great job. B)
Should be loads of fun to drive too...

Re: Monster Beetle 12 years 10 months ago #1470

Yes, it looks excellent, the colour is smashing :-)
How did you mount the extra fromt lights? I notice they are not at their original place.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Monster Beetle 12 years 10 months ago #1471

Hi. Thanks for your comments. The mounts for the front lights were broken off the nose cone. I sanded down the bottom of the nose cone to remove all trace of the mounting points. I then drilled 2 holes through the front of the front suspension/body mount plate. I had to drill 2 holes into the light set up and screwed them to the front plate using self tapping screws. It's much more secure than the original set up & puts less strain on the body shell. Pleased you like it!
Andrew.

Re: Monster Beetle 12 years 10 months ago #1477

thats one cool monster beetle nice work :) i have lost count of the times i have restored my Tamiya cars and they have ended up costing a lot more than first anticipated but compared to other hobbies its still cheap and well worth the work at the end.....your not alone.

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: Monster Beetle 12 years 10 months ago #1488

Nice paint job, you wont be losing that in the snow (ever changing British weather) B)
Lights look much better where you have re-mounted them.

Money spent (sshhhh!!!) what the other half dont no :woohoo:
Never ending but fun and the end results are what its all about either runners or shelf queens.

GING

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.