Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya Saint Dragon restoration 12 years 9 months ago #1708

Hey everybody. Here's a link to my Tamiya Saint Dragon restoration page.

www.ultimaterc....ost1097863

Thanks

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Tamiya Saint Dragon restoration 12 years 9 months ago #1766

I was wondering if anybody knows how much my fully restored (when finished :)) Saint Dragon is worth. I have only seen a few of them and they weren't for sale. It will have all of the electronics installed including a battery and transmitter and will be fully box stock.

Thanks

Re: Tamiya Saint Dragon restoration 12 years 9 months ago #1768

Complicated question - depending much on the exact state of the car. Was it ever run?
Of course the bigger the fan that would like to buy it - the bigger the price would be.
Probably other forum members could give a better estimate to what a 'regular' Saint Dragon would go for...

Btw - Lars (larbut - the administrator of Tamiyabase) has some NIP parts advertised here if you need them. ;)

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Tamiya Saint Dragon restoration 12 years 9 months ago #1774

Yeah I saw he had some parts but I found all that I needed (or could find)and have almost completed the car. It has a full set of 14 ball bearings, new chassis, wheels, front tires, new front and rear bumpers and a new body set which I'm in the process of painting and decaling. It was run into the ground by the previous owner but I replaced everything that was broken and cleaned and rebuilt everything else on the car. It is pretty much brand new at this point. I still need to test all of the electronics but I'm confident that they'll work. The only things that aren't vintage Tamiya are the two plastic washers for the front shocks. They were on the red shock parts tree which I can't find anywhere. I used two black Associated plastic washers instead. The front tires are new vintage but are not super grippers. I couldn't find those either. I also had to use two hex screws to temporarily mouth the resistor to the tranny case. I'm going to go to the hardware store and find screws that better match the rest of the fasteners on the car. If you click the link at the top of the page you can see how the car looks at the present time. I have many extra parts for the car including the white wire ties and the included box wrench, diff grease, ball cups and a spare set of bushings. All of these extras will be included with the car. I will also be adding a custom lexan visor to the drivers figure. Considering all of this, how much do you think it's worth?

Re: Tamiya Saint Dragon restoration 12 years 9 months ago #1779

Maybe you could place a nice picture here too. ;)

Btw - I wouldn't run it with the old electronics. I've seen too many incidents of this haywiring resulting in a crash. :sick:

Re: Tamiya Saint Dragon restoration 12 years 9 months ago #1827

Ok here's are some pics of the progress so far.

Last edit: by unclemikey1978.

Re: Tamiya Saint Dragon restoration 12 years 9 months ago #1833

Looks like it's in good shape! :)

If you're thinking about selling it, I'd leave the body unpainted. It will probably be worth more that way.
Criteria for a hard core collector would also be a set of decals, a box (preferably nice and clean) and a manual...

Hard to say (for me personally) what the exact worth would be. :whistle:

Re: Tamiya Saint Dragon restoration 12 years 9 months ago #1835

"So far" ?? You are nearly done :laugh:

Good work as well. Are you planning on box art colors, or something of your own design?

Quick Tip:
To embed the attached pictures inside the post, click the "Insert" button to the right of the "Add File" and "Remove File" buttons, after selecting a file.

Like This:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:

Re: Tamiya Saint Dragon restoration 12 years 9 months ago #1837

Thanks Lars, embedded pictures help the thread a lot... :)

If you're thinking about selling it, I'd leave the body unpainted. It will probably be worth more that way.
Criteria for a hard core collector would also be a set of decals, a box (preferably nice and clean) and a manual...

Hard to say (for me personally) what the exact worth would be. :whistle:

Of course I'm not trying to persuade you to sell it or anything! :laugh: ;)

Re: Tamiya Saint Dragon restoration 12 years 9 months ago #1838

I have no box except the box that the body set came in and the only manual I have is a PDF file of a scanned original. I've already painted the body and I'm going full box art with this build. I have all of the decals which will be applied soon.The only things on the car that aren't vintage Tamiya are the two screws that attach the resistor, the front tires, two nuts and four washers in the steering linkage, and two black AE plastic washers on the front shocks. I couldn't find a pair of front supper grippers or the red parts trees for this car. This restoration is a build for sale so that's the plan. Sorry about the pics. I'm new to the whole forum thing. Thanks everyone for your replies. :)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.