Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vintage Rough Rider new build find 11 years 2 months ago #17918

• RS6TT
  • RS6TT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
I recently came across an unfinished brand new build,original Rough Rider. I purchased it from a fellow that received it as a gift 30 years ago when he was 13 and due to his limited knowledge of the hobby back then was never able to get it running so he just gave up and put it in a box and forgot about it. He recently found this time capsule stored away in his attic and figured he'd sell it and a quickly snatched it up lol. After properly installing and soldering the electronics,and sorting out the chassis for any other errors I went on to finish the body which was put together but only had 1 single orange brush stroke before the original owner gave up. I removed the orange brush stroke , prepped the body for paint, and then painted it in French Blue.Luckily the kit still included both decal sheets to complete it in either orange or blue paint...lucky for me. The project is now done, and here's how it came out.... The RR now sits on a shelf with the rest of his era correct brothers.

ENJOY!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by RS6TT.

Vintage Rough Rider new build find 11 years 2 months ago #17920

Score! :y: :)

Vintage Rough Rider new build find 11 years 2 months ago #17954

Excellent score !

Nice paint :woohoo: :woohoo:
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.