Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vintage Super Champ Question/Worth 11 years 1 month ago #19280

hopefully Im in the right spot, I was digging around the other day and find my old Super champ upstairs at my dads house Im wondering if there is a market for this and whats a fair price (if I ever decide to sell it). Any help would be great! I've also got the Frog but I see its not a rear desirable car....
Thanks Again

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Vintage Super Champ Question/Worth 11 years 1 month ago #19283

hopefully Im in the right spot, I was digging around the other day and find my old Super champ upstairs at my dads house Im wondering if there is a market for this and whats a fair price (if I ever decide to sell it). Any help would be great! I've also got the Frog but I see its not a rear desirable car....
Thanks Again

Condition and completeness is everthing ... Although it shares some parts with other cars, many chassis parts are unique and in very, very short supply. The body too - if it's broken but complete/repairable that won't knock the value too much, but missing bits will really hurt it.
Original radio gear, box, battery, manual etc will all help.

My estimates would be probably no more than 100 GBP for a poor one, an average one less than 200 GBP, a very good, barely used one 300 GBP, a genuinely well built and unused one with all the trimmings 400 GBP, one untouched in a mint box, 750 GBP?

I'd need to see photos really, it'll have some value no matter what state it's in, but just because it's old & a Tamiya does not mean it's valuable.

:)

edit - didn't see your location ... I've only kept an eye on prices in the UK, some cars have a better following in the US than Europe, and vice versa - my guess would be they would be rarer in the US, but less popular - so prices would be about the same, multiply by 1.5 for USD ... I'm sure someone more locsl to you on the site here will have a better idea about the state of the US market for Super Champs.

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: tmyway

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Vintage Super Champ Question/Worth 11 years 1 month ago #19284

I replied in your duplicate thread, asking for photos :blush: :laugh:

Decal sheet on it's own is worth a fair chunk, radio looks clean, manual very crispy ... and looks like building wasn't finished?

If so, my guess would be 600 USD, maybe more with the right ebay listing :)

Vintage Super Champ Question/Worth 11 years 1 month ago #19288

Welcome, tmyway. That's a very nice collectible you have there. B)

Jonny's earlier reply was moved and the double topic deleted.

Vintage Super Champ Question/Worth 11 years 1 month ago #19308

Can we have some pics of the whole car & all the stuff you have that belongs to it please?
It won't only give us a better idea of what it's worth, but could also generate some interest on here if you're looking to sell
The following user(s) Liked this: tmyway

Vintage Super Champ Question/Worth 11 years 1 month ago #19320

Thank you for the input, Im located in Denver Colorado USA.
here are a few more picts that I have. Its never been fully put together. Ill see if I can get back up in the attic and get some more pictures.

Thanks Again
Attachments:

Vintage Super Champ Question/Worth 11 years 1 month ago #19323

Oh man , that's one shiny looking SC!!! Nice find in the attic! Any more treasures there... ;-D

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Vintage Super Champ Question/Worth 11 years 1 month ago #19328

Nice!
Looks in good condition & I'd suspect the part-built only status will have the collectors drooling! (Especially with the box & undamaged body)

Vintage Super Champ Question/Worth 11 years 1 month ago #19353

My 2 cents. There have been quite a few NIB Super Champs available lately. Not a month goes by without one available somewhere online.

Some recent NIB end prices have been: $1000 and $750.
Currently one is available right now for $850.

A semi-built model, no matter how nice, will never be worth as much as a NIB. So you have to estimate (at best) 80% the value of any currently available NIB, if you are going to sell it right now.

My estimate: $600-$700.

Good luck with it. One of my favourite cars of all time.

Cheers,
H.

www.rctoymemories.com
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.

Vintage Super Champ Question/Worth 11 years 1 month ago #19354

Don't believe that lot. Super Champs are two-a-penny. I'll give you $50 for it and I'll even arrange shipping - and that's cuttin' me own throat mate.

Joking of course!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.