Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mk.1 Rough Rider resto 11 years 1 week ago #20774

This was without a doubt the easiest resto so far. Calling it a resto is a stretch, more of a cleaning! I bought the car about 3 years ago, but never got to it until now. The body was the only part in bad shape. I replaced it with a re-re body, but will not be using the re-re decals.

Motor looking great for it's age!

After a quick light sand blast, the gearbox was ready for fitment.

Then the front suspension and the radio box.

And all done with the chassis and all in less than 2 days.

With the new body, just awaiting a decal set. Front tires are NOS I found at work!

Thanks for looking!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mk.1 Rough Rider resto 11 years 1 week ago #20780

Nice car you got there !

Was the original body not worth for a repair ? Now a days there are lot's of excellent plastic 2 components repairing sets... I'm telling you this because i think that having your Mk1 fitted with the original body is way more valuable ( in financial terms and for your personal pride !)

If you plan to paint the body, specially the side pannels in white, I made some templates. If you need them i could send them to you, just ask.

Keep us posted
Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Mk.1 Rough Rider resto 11 years 1 week ago #20799

Hi Manotas. The body has already been repaired, but still needs allot of work. The entire roof section is missing and so are the lights. The re-re body is just for show until I can get the original 100%. Thanks for the offer on the templates, I think I will take you up on that.

Mk.1 Rough Rider resto 11 years 1 week ago #20801

This was the worst part. The section behind the driver was also cut for some reason :huh:

The replacement roof that was on the car when I got it. The dash board is missing as well.

Some really badly placed decals! :ohmy:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.