Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sauber Mercedes C11 Group C Rebuild Help 10 years 11 months ago #21759

Hi all,

I'm really hoping someone on this site can give me some much valued help.

For the past 2 years, I've been rebuilding a vintage Tamiya Group C Merc C11, a model I coveted as a child some 20 years ago (although it might have been the c9 back then). I've been rebuilding this from scratch from separate parts found on ebay etc but have now come to grinding halt.

There are just 2 parts / parts sets I need to have to finally have this model running.
All that I now need is the pinion gear (Item no. SA1 in the manual) which is found in the blister pack, & the linkage between the front tie rods & the steering servo.

I've contacted various model shops & clubs, all of whom have been unable to help me stating that these Parts are obsolete.

Can anyone here help with Part Numbers or advice or any help on where I can obtain these final few pieces to this much loved project?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Sauber Mercedes C11 Group C Rebuild Help 10 years 11 months ago #21761

First of all welcome. :)

Parts are certainly not obsolete, some of the Group Cs have been rereleased not too long ago...
Number for the pinion(s) is 50354 and for the tie rods 9405637.

If you think that price is too much, I could have a look if I have any spares.
Almost any 16 teeth 0.6 module pinion will do by the way. :y:

Sauber Mercedes C11 Group C Rebuild Help 10 years 11 months ago #21764

Hi Edou,

You are a star.

The reply I seemed to get more often tha not regarding the Pinion was that most 16 teeth pinion would do but it depended on the pitch, which obviously if I didn't have the part originally then how on earth would I know!

With regards to the tie rods; I actually have these.
It's the plastic linkage parts that go from the Steering Servo to the tie rods that I'm actually looking for. I think in the manual they had a 'P' prefix in front of the number.

As before, any help is greatly appreciated.

Sauber Mercedes C11 Group C Rebuild Help 10 years 11 months ago #21766

:)

Ah yes, I misread. You're looking for the servo saver (0115065) :

www.modelsport....ucts/26964

Quite a common part too...
If you're planning on running the car, I'd advise to use a steel pinion instead of the (softy) alloy Tamiya one :

:y:
The following user(s) Liked this: scorpio1975

Sauber Mercedes C11 Group C Rebuild Help 10 years 11 months ago #21770

Hi Edou,

That is absolutely fantastic! :)

& believe it or not, ModelSport were actually one of the model shops that told me that these Parts were obsolete! :huh:

Any idea how you add people as friends on this site as your help & info has been nothing short of briliant.

Sauber Mercedes C11 Group C Rebuild Help 10 years 11 months ago #21771

Glad to help. Guess ModelSport don't know their Tamiya stuff as well as they should. :S

There's a connection request now pending. :y:
You can go to someone's profile (click on the name or avatar) then hover over "Connections" and click "Request Connection".

Sauber Mercedes C11 Group C Rebuild Help 10 years 11 months ago #21773

is that the white servo parts you need? i might have some I will compare my stash with the C11 i got.

edit: looked got some P3 5,6&7

and I also got some pinions that might fit (steel rrp, ordered a couple to many) :pinch:

think I could part with a 14T

Last edit: by waterbok.

Sauber Mercedes C11 Group C Rebuild Help 10 years 11 months ago #21781

Nice pinion stash. B)
I might have the remaining servo bits (P1 and P4)...
Any 0.6 module pinion from 12 teeth to 16T will fit the car btw.

:y:

Sauber Mercedes C11 Group C Rebuild Help 10 years 11 months ago #21795

Hi Waterbok,

Many thanks. I can't believe the great help I'm getting from people on this site, it really is very appreciated.

I'm not sure if the Parts for the Servo Saver horn are white or not as I only have the black & white build manual but anything you can help with would be massively appreciated.

Ideally, I'd like the 16T Pinion as that's what's shown in the manual.

It goes without saying that I'd be happy to pay you for them, which I can send via PayPal if you have an account.

Sauber Mercedes C11 Group C Rebuild Help 10 years 11 months ago #21796

Hi again Edou,

As mentioned in my reply to Waterbok, I'm grateful for any help or Parts that anyone can provide which I'm happy to pay for via PayPal if you have an account.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.