Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tyrrell P34 58003 Restoration and Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #21962

Hi All,
Here is my Tyrrell P34 going through a restoration and rebuild.
This is the condition I got it in, as you can see it has been painted black in places a few bits are bent and the chassis is a bit twisted. Not the greatest start but nothing that a vice and some wire wool can't fix.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by j1000r1. Reason: Pressed submit instead of Preview

Tyrrell P34 58003 Restoration and Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #21963

And here it is now I have taken it apart. Everything needs a good clean and I think I will try to source some original new screws as most of the ones underneath have been pretty much worn down. I will obviously have to find some new tyres too, as the current ones look original but are split and cracked all over. I don't think this Tyrrell will ever be mint but will be good enough to take it's place on the shelf.

So as you can see quite a lot to be done, stripping the black paint and polishing up the metal parts will be first on the agenda I think. More to follow as it gets done.

Tyrrell P34 58003 Restoration and Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #21967

Here are some of the parts after the first clean, not looking too bad now all the black paint and grease has gone.

All the bolts and screws are soaking in degreaser and will be cleaned and polished later.

Tyrrell P34 58003 Restoration and Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #21973

I have just won an original Tyrrell body shell on eBay for £17. Well happy with that now I have the complete car for 30 quid. I have an e savage rolling chassis that I am seriously considering putting a double brushless system in with 2 motors and 2 esc. Will have to hope it doesn't tear the car apart.

Tyrrell P34 58003 Restoration and Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #21975

:whistle: Very nice job R1 :y:

Tyrrell P34 58003 Restoration and Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #21993

Looking good :y:

Tyrrell P34 58003 Restoration and Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #22021

What did you do with the Mardave Marauder that came with that chassis? :whistle:

Tyrrell P34 58003 Restoration and Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #22023

Must have been a different auction as I didn't get a mardave with this, wish I had I love those old cars. Used to have a good few Mardave Mini's years ago.

Tyrrell P34 58003 Restoration and Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #22024

Well it certainly looked like it:

Maybe someone bought that lot for the Maruader chassis and resold the Tyrrell to you?

Tyrrell P34 58003 Restoration and Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #22030

How did you polish it that neat? I'm using a Dremel but noticed I make a lot of scratches.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.