Keyword

TOPIC:

My first real VINTAGE 7 years 11 months ago #38781

:pinch: decals stripped... I hope that the result will be nice :dry: :unsure:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My first real VINTAGE 7 years 11 months ago #39044

:cry: The result is really poor. I hope that fter light griting and a claer coat it will be better....
Maybe with a blue translucide blue?....
Please Jonny help!

Attachments:

My first real VINTAGE 7 years 11 months ago #39045

:pinch: :cry: That's dead?
Sniff I am hopping...

I hope that the white will go out
Attachments:

My first real VINTAGE 7 years 11 months ago #39046

I think you've got two problems there - bloom on both and spatter/splatter on the blue (and the clear?).

Bloom is caused by high humidity (I could have told you it was going to be humid for you today, just from the news reports about the recent French weather. The sp(l)atter was possibly caused by the paint too being a bit too thick, or the air pressure too low - but technique & bad luck could have played a part too.

With the red, you might get away with waiting a week, and on really dry day try another colour coat.

The blue, possibly the same (after really gentle and careful sanding) - IF you'd left it - but by rushing to clear coat it, you've irredeemably screwed the pooch & the only thing to do is do back to bare plastic & start again.

:(

My first real VINTAGE 7 years 11 months ago #39047

Thanks a lot Jonny. The humidity is still very high. A friend who lives very near Sqaf, had 1,80m in his underground. I will wait to see the result and maybe i'll need to redo the body. The Ralt should be the third "big " hard body I painted with airbrush. Tomorrow, After real drying, I will see if it is a desastre or if the decals could mask the worst.
For the red, the clear coat remake the body shiny and nice fire red :y:

Jonny your advices were ULTRA importants fo me thanks still a lot :y:

My first real VINTAGE 7 years 11 months ago #39058

:) tadaaa!
I am really not a boss in painting but the result is enough nice for me. Still thanks to Jonny and others for the advices. The x3 blue is really dark like on the real picts :y:
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, Edou

My first real VINTAGE 7 years 11 months ago #39074

:) tadaaa!
I am really not a boss in painting but the result is enough nice for me. Still thanks to Jonny and others for the advices. The x3 blue is really dark like on the real picts :y:

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

My first real VINTAGE 7 years 11 months ago #39075

:) Still thanks Jonny :y:

My first real VINTAGE 7 years 5 months ago #41565

:) Yesterday I cleaned the chassis like the Tyrrell. And I decided to change all the screws and replace them by CHCs ones. originals are too used and in a poor state. red thread locked :pinch: :S . I prefer the CHC with new nuts too. That is not 100% pure origin but easier for the maintenance.

My first real VINTAGE 7 years 5 months ago #41574

:)

Same the picture quality looks vintage :S :lol:
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, AndyAus

Last edit: by stingray-63.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.