Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

58013 March 782 BMW 10 years 8 months ago #24519

It's my first post on here so please be gentle! :)

I have owned various Tamiya rc models since back in the late 80's/early 90's when my Dad had a few of the vintage ones such as the Sand Scorcher etc. I thought I'd join up on the forum as I have recently dug out my collection and it has spiked the interest back into me again ;)

Unfortunately as the years have gone by most of my Tamiya models have been slowly sold off for one reason or another but I have unearthed one of my gems... a March 782 BMW Which was my Dads from new and is now mine. I was intending to sell it but have no clue of its actual value and being my Dads I kinda want to keep my hands on it to be honest.

The only other Tamiya I have found in the loft so far is a Fire Dragon but I know I have a Vanquish and an Avante somewhere up there too along with a Clod Buster.

I will get pictures of the 782 up soon, meanwhile hello! :laugh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58013 March 782 BMW 10 years 8 months ago #24525

Welcome you have a nice collection.
Picts are welcome too :y:

58013 March 782 BMW 10 years 8 months ago #24527

Pictures are coming in the next half hour or so....

58013 March 782 BMW 10 years 8 months ago #24528

cool!

58013 March 782 BMW 10 years 8 months ago #24530

And it's resting place for the moment on show in my office

58013 March 782 BMW 10 years 8 months ago #24531

It's missing the air intake although I know that's around somewhere so will be looking for it to do the repair it is also missing the gear from the motor so I need to find out what should be on there and find that too, chances are it's here just not fitted! Other than that the first plan is a clean up :)

58013 March 782 BMW 10 years 8 months ago #24532

:) You have here a very nice car.
For your spares, you can look on eBay with F2 tamiya key words

58013 March 782 BMW 10 years 8 months ago #24535

Welcome on board, Spindle - that's a nice looking car :y:

I like the battery - I've seen (& had/have) some non-Tamiya cased 7.2v hump packs, but that's the first 5 cell / 6v one I've seen.

The March 782 is rarer than the average Tamiya car & somewhat interesting, but sadly that doesn't translate into it being popular, sought after, or a having a high financial value.

From eBay completed listings search:
May 2013: 36 GBP, missing wing & pinion
July 2013: 46.01 GBP, missing wing, some body damage
From my notes:
Sept 2011: 77, GBP good
Feb 2013: 130 GBP, very good with period radio
March 2013: 79.99 GBP, good with original box

I don't believe that's a complete list of the cars sold in the last couple of years, but it does give an idea of values. Yours isn't 100% complete and is the "wrong" colour - that really does affect value, I'd be surprised if it sold for much more than 65 to 70 GBP - it has to be worth more than that in sentimental value, surely?

:)

58013 March 782 BMW 10 years 8 months ago #24537

Welcome, that's a good looking car that I would think is a keeper. :)
I'd go look for that Avante and Vanquish soon! :woohoo:

58013 March 782 BMW 10 years 7 months ago #24630

Cheers guys, I have already decided to keep it as Jonny said it does have sentimental value to me :)

I *think* I still have some of the cased hump backs Jonny, I'll have to take a look around. I know we had a few although this is the only 5 cell 6v from memory.

As for the colour unless I can find a complete sticker set this is the colour it will stay :/ It is in very good condition body wise, there's hardly a scratch on it!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.