Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya Holiday Buggy "1980" 10 years 2 months ago #27930

HI!... O.k here's the 1980 Tamiya Holiday buggy I got also in that group deal. It looks all original. Most everything is there as far as I can tell minus the servo's/receiver/battery. Still has the original 380 motor and MSC. Bodies in pretty good shape. Think I'm going to strip the decals off and sand and re-paint it. Gears in the open gearbox seem fine, just dirty from the car sitting so long. I believe this car has been sitting on a shelf for over 25 years. The chassis has a small crack on the right side and the piece is flared out a bit. Looks like someone hit something head on at a good speed. Going to heat of the bend with the heat gun and bend it back in place. Then C/A glue it. Looks like it's only been driven maybe 20 times or so. As usual this one will get a full restoration and be put on the shelf.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tamiya Holiday Buggy "1980" 10 years 2 months ago #27940

Nice find!. it looks like a time machine :cheer:
The best part must be that the two front spring mounts are intact, that does not happen very often.

Should be a great resto, keep us updated!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Tamiya Holiday Buggy "1980" 10 years 2 months ago #27944

:woohoo: very nice hp

Tamiya Holiday Buggy "1980" 10 years 2 months ago #28043

Somebody has an idea of the price of a holiday buggy in a very good state? not box art but with esc and 380 motor? :whistle:

Tamiya Holiday Buggy "1980" 10 years 2 months ago #28049

:woohoo: Mine will come next week if the mailman is in a good state :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Here are some eBay picts.

102€ is it a good price????????

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Tamiya Holiday Buggy "1980" 10 years 2 months ago #28053

HI!... Can't view pics?

Tamiya Holiday Buggy "1980" 10 years 1 month ago #28054

HI!... O.k my repo Holiday Buggy decals came in today. I was leary about buying these because most repo decals don't fit to my standards. But I have to say so far I really like what I see. These are already pre-cut. The colours are thick and brilliant. They look like the originals. Will have to wait until I apply them to see if they are sticky enough.

Tamiya Holiday Buggy "1980" 10 years 1 month ago #28056

They look good. Where did you get them?

Tamiya Holiday Buggy "1980" 10 years 1 month ago #28057

Tamiya Holiday Buggy "1980" 10 years 1 month ago #28083

HP - they look pretty good ... but the "HOLIDAY BUGGY" small text one that should be black on clear looks to be black on white?

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.