Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Thunder shot Wheels 9 years 10 months ago #29790

I am sorry to ask this....... but I have got totally confused when looking for replacement tyres for my thundershot i am rebuilding as every thread I have read says to swap the wheels and use hexes rather than recommending tyres that will fit the rims which I believe are an unusual size 1.9 ?. Can anyone link me a reasonably priced tyre that will fit the original rim please to end my struggle :cry:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Thunder shot Wheels 9 years 10 months ago #29793

I'd check on the wheel size if I were you - if they were 1.9" it would be comparatively easy. Tamiya lists the Thundershot as having 73mm wheels (www.tamiya.com/...nder_shot/ , which doesn't translate into an imperial size), which IIRC were used only on the Thunders Shot, Thunder Dragon & maybe a couple of others - and nowhere else, ever, on any brand - this explains why everyone converts to 12mm hex hubs and modern wheels/tyres (I know I did on my Thunder Dragon two years ago).

:) / :(

Thunder shot Wheels 9 years 10 months ago #29794

Sorry you are right they are 2" wheels; the same diameter as on road wheels and just lacking the width :pinch:

Thunder shot Wheels 9 years 10 months ago #29797

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Thunder shot Wheels 9 years 10 months ago #29832

I have the same problem with my thundershot (in restoration) and my terra scorcher.
By luck I had old rear tires from falcon and they are the same. If you find someones...

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds