Keyword

TOPIC:

Rough rider mk1 mk2 mk3 mk 2009678 and so on 9 years 9 months ago #29879

Hi currently restoring a mk1 and mk2 rough rider I know opinions differ on this as running changes were made to these and probably with every model what I am attempting is a mk1 with 100 % of any parts that was only released with first run of RR and mk2 with parts that were released with final runs of RR so I need some expert knowledge
here I have a table full of fun I think

So I have a mk1 started and mk2 awaiting

mk1 servo saver uprights wishbones

nice black bumper

early bumper bugy instead of buggy

early body with bugy instead of buggy

early wishbones no numbering and ujs have black grubs later ones were numbered 1 2 3 or 4 and had chrome or nickel grubs in the ujs

also dampers and rear arms had brass grubs instead of silver
cant seem to put more pics also rear gear box different radio box had no holes motor cover skinny front arms flat head on all screws but one I was not sure about was the well nuts the mk1 I have has different well nuts to every other srb that I have can some one shed light on that and add any other mk1 options I missed
cheers Rob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Rough rider mk1 mk2 mk3 mk 2009678 and so on 9 years 9 months ago #29881

I'm no expert and you seem to have some great knowledge of the variations :y: Looking forward to seeing them both finished :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Rough rider mk1 mk2 mk3 mk 2009678 and so on 9 years 9 months ago #29882

ok here is a picture of the well nuts the silver ones are the ones I got off the mk1 the others are out off the mk2 and all the other srbs I have including other mk1s I believe they are original as the parts tyres bumper ect look like they have had little to no use so would not have thought they would have been changed so new to forum please let me know if I am doing something wrong
Cheers Rob

pic of unnumbered rear arms early release

radio box looks good just a bit of novus should do

bad pic of brass grubs in rear arms

rear end coming along good build with brass bearings want it all orig as per manual except for no sealant on box no oil in shocks no lock tight other than that to the letter this with live on the shelf
Attachments:

Rough rider mk1 mk2 mk3 mk 2009678 and so on 9 years 9 months ago #29883

Sorry I am a spaz here is the pics of the well nuts and radio box so again the silver well nuts came off my mk1 the black one off the mk2 all other srbs I have are the black well nuts and they are combos of mk1 mk2 and mk1.5s and any where in between so does anyone know if these are very early release or am I just going to far

also one other mk1 thing I thought of was roof h

as no writing later ones and rere did
heres the body have to wait till summer to paint opinions pros and cons please airbrush vs spray cans

here is goodies taking a bath
tyres in glycerol shiny screws in apple cider vinegar to remove rust and other stuff in rp7

Last edit: by becbec2572. Reason: adding additional info

Rough rider mk1 mk2 mk3 mk 2009678 and so on 9 years 9 months ago #29884

Thanks mate I think I still have a lot to learn and keen to here any tips as this is my first resto I feel like a kid at Christmas
Cheers Rob

Rough rider mk1 mk2 mk3 mk 2009678 and so on 9 years 9 months ago #29886

:huh: Hey Buddy! You worked on the creation of the RR? You are really the pro of the rough rider :y: :y: :y:

Rough rider mk1 mk2 mk3 mk 2009678 and so on 9 years 9 months ago #29887

I do not know about pro but thanks for the ego boost

Rough rider mk1 mk2 mk3 mk 2009678 and so on 9 years 9 months ago #29890

:) Know the different types of the smallest screw between versions is amazing.

Rough rider mk1 mk2 mk3 mk 2009678 and so on 9 years 9 months ago #29892

Wow.... nie car you got there !

I learned a lot during my RR Mk1 resto aswell....certainly not as much as you do but i had lot's of help from the Tamiyabase guys in here (Thanks Jonny and Larbut :y: :y: )

Looking forward to see your RR finished and i'd be following this thread !

Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Rough rider mk1 mk2 mk3 mk 2009678 and so on 9 years 9 months ago #29893

:laugh: Thanks Sting dude I just want to get it right maybe some of you very lucky RR NIB and SS NIB owners out there even xlt could do a parts data base of what mk1 mk2 parts you have in your boxes I think the results would be mind boggling also I have two versions of the mk1 black bumper bugy and buggy both with no Tamiya plastics model co. written on bottom is there a black version that does have the Tamiya plastics model co. same as the mk2 grey bumper but in black ? other than the RERE one of course
Again thanks guys for reading I hope to get some more dune tomorrow
Cheers Rob
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by becbec2572. Reason: i can't spell when tired
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.