Keyword

TOPIC:

Rough rider mk1 mk2 mk3 mk 2009678 and so on 9 years 10 months ago #29894

:) Cheers mate I hope to hear from those guys soon I check out your resto get some inspiration
Thanks Mate

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Rough rider mk1 mk2 mk3 mk 2009678 and so on 9 years 10 months ago #29895

going to bed enough for today
Cheers all keep building

Last edit: by becbec2572. Reason: outed twice

Rough rider mk1 mk2 mk3 mk 2009678 and so on 9 years 10 months ago #29897

Mokei Kagaku had a nice story to that on TC

nice to see all those little changes and improvements, and funny to see how they just randomly 'throw' it into the box at Tamiya.

Rough rider mk1 mk2 mk3 mk 2009678 and so on 9 years 10 months ago #29899

:unsure: My Holiday buggy trans arms look like the RR ones :blink:

Rough rider mk1 mk2 mk3 mk 2009678 and so on 9 years 10 months ago #29903

LOL @ "BUGY", I don't remember seeing that before, and definitely not the brass grub screws :blink:

heres the body have to wait till summer to paint opinions pros and cons please airbrush vs spray cans...

I've resisted going the airbrush route so far - it's mostly the faffing about with the required cleaning that puts me off, and also whether I could co-ordinate paint & air rates with the same finger. I suppose the plus side is having absolute control over exactly what you spray (mixing colours, thinning, adding retarders etc) & how the paint gets put on - as long as you have the knowledge & skill to take advantage of it. There's also the ability to spray matt & satin colours, which are very rare in aerosol form.

I'll stick with rattle cans for the time being, as it's possibly to get excellent results. There are a lot more words in the "paint" articles on the site, but to summarise my "best" rattle can technique:

- strip existing paint with your choice of poison (brake fluid, graffiti remover, caustic soda, etc etc)
- wash & rub down (800 grit or finer)
- guide coat of primer (usually followed by filler, rubbing down & repetition)
- primer
- light rub down (1200+ grit)
- base colour coat
- mask
- 2nd colour coat (& unmask)
- clear coat
- rub out (very light rub down (2000+) followed by increasingly fine polishes)

:)

Rough rider mk1 mk2 mk3 mk 2009678 and so on 9 years 10 months ago #29906

Thanks I start with spray cans see how I go
Cheers Rob

Rough rider mk1 mk2 mk3 mk 2009678 and so on 9 years 10 months ago #29907

:) I lost the hand and I am limited with the space but I prefer the airbrush. With the spray can I always make orange peal or "guirlandes".

Rough rider mk1 mk2 mk3 mk 2009678 and so on 9 years 10 months ago #29909

Maybe I will try both got some free time tomorrow so I hope to get some more done thanks for the reply
Cheers Rob

Rough rider mk1 mk2 mk3 mk 2009678 and so on 9 years 10 months ago #29972

I use a full-size spray gun for doing whole bodies, it's far easier to get a good finish with that than cans or airbrush.
I usually use the airbrush with specially mixed paint flavours &/or smaller wide areas.
Only really use spray cans for laquer, matt black, gloss white, metallics & lexan paint, anything else seems to be just asking for trouble... back "in the old days" you were fairly safe with "Hycote" automotive sprays, but I think they've changed their recipe & I just can't get on with the stuff now

Rough rider mk1 mk2 mk3 mk 2009678 and so on 9 years 10 months ago #29974

Cheers mate I think I try a few things see what works best for me

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds