Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

G1 vintage screw - has anyone sourced any or have any spare? 6 years 3 months ago #47784

I ordered a pack of 4x16. You'll only have to cut at 11mm. I am waiting it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

G1 vintage screw - has anyone sourced any or have any spare? 6 years 3 months ago #47847

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

G1 vintage screw - has anyone sourced any or have any spare? 6 years 3 months ago #47848

They look to be brass M2.6 x 6mm machine screws ... the only place I can think of where they're used is holding 380 motors to aluminium brackets/gearbox sides ... and possibly some servo outputs ...

:)

G1 vintage screw - has anyone sourced any or have any spare? 6 years 3 months ago #47849

[quote=

They look to be brass M2.6 x 6mm machine screws ... the only place I can think of where they're used is holding 380 motors to aluminium brackets/gearbox sides ... and possibly some servo outputs ...

:)[/quote]

That's just what I was thinking and looking at. Looking at the Countach 05 they're 2.6 x 4. I searched a long time for some of these but did find a little stock a while back. Not sure what used the longer ones though.
Attachments:

G1 vintage screw - has anyone sourced any or have any spare? 6 years 3 months ago #47872

Looks like exact the 2.6mm brass screws screws to fix the aluminium servo mounts to chassis/top plate on a Super Champ.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

G1 vintage screw - has anyone sourced any or have any spare? 6 years 1 month ago #49109

The good news is that I have since sourced a small collection of new G1’s from different sources, so I am pleased.

A question for anyone, how does one go about making a bolt/screw black. What process do the professional companies use.

An example would be the SRB screws for example?

Anything I can source from eBay?
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

G1 vintage screw - has anyone sourced any or have any spare? 6 years 1 month ago #49110

I received screws I ordered for but not the good ones :(
To black the screws, I have a solution. To restore my weapons, I had a bluing liquid. like a paint, You just need to paint, wait and rinse under water.
or bluing (bronzer in French) with oil and warm.

or parkerising ( flat black effect) with a chemical paint......

G1 vintage screw - has anyone sourced any or have any spare? 6 years 1 month ago #49231

Well, I feel I've had a successful rub on refurb and blackening a couple of bolts. In the end I got some dirty smelly used desiel oil, I've done this before many years ago and this worked out a treat.

Before and after pic. Plus I faced off the long bolts with a pillar drill and lathe clut off tool in my engineering vice ha.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.