Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

C rings 4 years 2 months ago #58388

• Girox
  • Girox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Hey guys just wondering how to remove those very small c rings on the supershot differential gearbox. To remove the dog bone axels.Thinking of very minute expansion pliers or two small screwdrivers to leverage it out. They have been there since 1986 or so. My dad built it with me back then. ☺️ 58054

Thanks

Matt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

C rings 4 years 2 months ago #58390

Stick it all in a plastic bag to prevent the clips disappearing into the great unknown. Then try to pry them loose with a small screwdriver.

C rings 4 years 2 months ago #58392

• Girox
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
That’s what I thought and my only option. Plastic bag and all. Using two small drivers and someone holding the case for me. Thank you very much.

Matt
Attachments:

C rings 4 years 2 months ago #58393

hi i use a needle from a vintage pocket knife i put the needle in under the c-ring one on one side then i turn the shaft then it raps itself around the shaft itself but it hopes out of the groove then just slowly push the shaft out put your finger on the end so it c ring dont go any where
i been doing tamiya porsche 959 gear boxes a lot because i have 7 of them now lol
the vintage needle its a lot thicker then a normal one u buy and the best thing i like it dont damage the c-ring at all
needle must be a good size because if its to thick it will reshape the c-ring

C rings 4 years 2 months ago #58395

• Girox
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Hello. Spannerman3. Thank you very much for your response and I believe it is definitely useful.
I finally found these little guys hiding In the house cause I knew they were somewhere! They are a set of mini minute flat screwdrivers and a pointy needle. Now I can start. If anything I will try and use a needle itself. Thanks again to you all for the insight.
Ps. Great collection of 959’s! I have the 956 mk.5 58042, Supershot 58054 , and hornet 58045. All vintage.
Cheers

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.441 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.