Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The Clubmans Wild One 10 months 1 day ago #75722

This Wild One belongs to a great clubman at my local track, He has had it since 86' and did race it back in the day As time has past it was put to the back of the shed in favor of more modern racers but with the recent vintage serge and another big vintage event coming up he asked if I could refurbish it for him, It's not to race but to run some parade laps. As you can see it had a liberal coat of dirt and moisture has rusted some of the screws, The idea is just to refurbish it to a clean original runner keeping it's history showing Today my boy stripped it down for cleaning and then we started the reassembly

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AndyAus.

The Clubmans Wild One 10 months 1 day ago #75723

It is perfect Andy.

The Clubmans Wild One 10 months 19 hours ago #75725

Thanks Flo 😊

Today's progress on the old girl 😊 Stripped clean and reassembled the shocks, Found that 1 front and rear had the wrong rods so switched them around. Found the correct spacers and fitted all of them, Rebuilt the gearbox and found the correct motor to install. Steering servo mounted so now I just need to fit the rest of the electrics and we'll be ready to run 😁

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

The Clubmans Wild One 10 months 18 hours ago #75726

Really nice. From where are front tires? And are the front rims originals or like which I have in spares from team crp and nylon ones?
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

The Clubmans Wild One 10 months 16 hours ago #75727

That cleaned up nicely 

The Clubmans Wild One 10 months 6 hours ago #75744

Thanks All :)  Flo they are OG Tamiya wild one rims but they were the plated version, At some stage and someone has removed the plating ;) The tyres are proline, I have something for this project ;) 

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

The Clubmans Wild One 9 months 4 weeks ago #75771

There were so many little things missing which I was able to source including the correct Acoms radio battery pack and switch but the most important thing I found was an original set of the correct wheels and tyres which make a Wild One Completely operational period Wild One

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Last edit: by AndyAus.

The Clubmans Wild One 9 months 1 week ago #75865

Just to bookend the restore of the clubman's Wild One. The Smile made it worth it

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

The Clubmans Wild One 9 months 1 week ago #75866

2 générations puted their hands on this icon. 👍
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.