TOPIC:

Super Champ Full Rebuild 12 years 8 months ago #2214

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

[attachment:10]C:\fakepath\picture 2787.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:11]C:\fakepath\Picture 2811.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:12]C:\fakepath\Picture 2815.jpg[/attachment]
Bought this Superchamp on the Net with A reissued Buggy Champ body fitted. It came together with a Blackfoot that I was after so it was just a bonus really. I just wanted the Blackfoot. I was expecting it to be a dodgy reissued Buggy Champ. I was delighted to find out it was actually a vintage Superchamp so over time, I sourced a correct body, and all the little pieces that were broken and missing. Not a cheap exercise but the end result has turned out very nice.
Stuffed up the picture order so the first 3 pics are the end result. Thanks for looking.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by sjh70.

Re: Super Champ Full Rebuild 12 years 8 months ago #2221

Outstanding work again ... is the paint Ford Purple Velvet metallic?

edit - just asking as I did a bike that colour once :)

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: Super Champ Full Rebuild 12 years 8 months ago #2235

Nice bike... No, It is actually a bit more blue than it looks in the pictures. They make it look more purple than it really is. I used Power Plus brand automotive acrylic lacquer in the small spray cans and the colour is called Bermuda Blue Mica (metallic). 3 coats of clear and it looks pretty good. I did not clear over the decals on this one and I wish I did. I did it on both Rough Rider bodies I have and I like the way they turned out. Just seems to seal everything together nicely and the small edges dont lift etc... I had to wait 2-3 weeks to get these decals and I got impatient and cleared the body before they showed up.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.