Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Rough Rider full rebuild 12 years 8 months ago #2215

Heres some pictures of a Rough Rider I bought that really lived up to its name. It was about as rough as they come. Theres some photos of it at the beginning, then some completed pictures. Sorry I got carried away with this one and forgot to take pictures in between, but it really is the same car. I did away with the badly broken and melted body and found a new old stock vintage body to use. That is the red one. The blue one at the end is a reissue body that came with my superchamp so I decided to paint it up as the alternative box art scheme and it is pictured here on the same chassis with a different set of wheels. Not sure which way I like it better. Think I will have to build up another chassis now so I can have both.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Rough Rider full rebuild 12 years 8 months ago #2219

Really an excellent job! And what a metamorphosis compared to the first pics... B)
I think both bodies are equally gorceous btw. :cheer:
The following user(s) Liked this: sjh70

Re: Rough Rider full rebuild 12 years 8 months ago #2220

Excellent work :)
The following user(s) Liked this: sjh70

Re: Rough Rider full rebuild 12 years 8 months ago #2242

Wow- that is one pristine resto job!

I just want to get mine back on the road (or off the road, more to the point!). :)

Re: Rough Rider full rebuild 12 years 8 months ago #2245

Thanks for the comments. I would say the hardest part of this resto was removing the red paint from the shocks without damaging them. The alloy is very soft. I always try and use vintage parts wherever I can but sometimes you are better off with new parts, Radio box etc. As long as the body shell, die cast parts, chassis board (green one) and electrics are vintage, I'm happy. MSC's are lousy compared to electric ones but I doubt I will ever drive them so it's a must to have an original MSC. Must be able to drive but will never drive... (maybe on some clean grass with a dodgy body shell fitted)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.