Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Manta Ray Revival 12 years 8 months ago #2275

I got this Manta Ray from a friend for cheap. Don't know much about it, except that he got it in 1996. He painted it and played with it for years. Then it was put back in it's box, and was found again when I helped him move.

I bought it for my Sister's son. He has been on my case about a RC car for ages, but I've just waited for him to get a bit older before getting him one.

And the wheels

I decided to strip the paint with brake fluid, and finish them off in white

And this is the result, with new tires (53084)

I probably won't strip the paint off the body, and due to budget constraints, I won't buy a new body. I also rebuilt the four shocks, they now very smooth.

The motor I'm going with will be this one.

It has a rating of 120w @ 21500 rpm. I think that should be fine.

More soon...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Manta Ray Revival 12 years 8 months ago #2276

Just one more thing, I know it's a TA01/TA02 chassis, and the wheels that are on the chassis is actually rims and tires from my CC-01 Pajero.

Re: Manta Ray Revival 12 years 8 months ago #2278

Nice score - I will hopefully finish my Manta Ray soon too... :cheer:

Very curious about the progress! :)

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Manta Ray Revival 12 years 8 months ago #2281

Hi new here and to the hobby, I have also just been given an old one of these and am going to try and fix it for my son. Will be following this thread closely so lots of updates please ;)

Re: Manta Ray Revival 12 years 4 months ago #5130

Sorry guys, this wasn't much of a "build thread". finally got the car finished for my nephew for Christmas, so here are pictures of the finished product:

As you can see, I changed the rims, they ended up cracking from age, so without wasting time, I just bought new rims. I think they from the DT-02. And also changed the motor to the good old Black can sport tuned. The comm of the other one was badly chewed up.
Attachments:

Re: Manta Ray Revival 12 years 4 months ago #5131

Before anyone notices, the rear wing is a plastic milk bottle. I couldn't find a replacment wing locally, so I improvised. My nephew won't know the difference, and he is bound to roll the thing anyway...

Re: Manta Ray Revival 12 years 4 months ago #5146

I'm sure he'll have a blast with it.
Nice improv on the wing! :lol:
The following user(s) Liked this: Louisbaby

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.