Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Holiday Buggy build 12 years 3 months ago #6054

Actually not a build thread, because it's almost done already :laugh:

I have spent the last few days with the flu, and as I get bored very fast I had to find something to do.
Finishing the 959 body was the obvious choice, but that is not something you do in a "reduced state"...
So I pulled out a Holiday Buggy shell I got a couple of months ago, and found the box of Holiday Rover parts I had from before.
The result is this:

The chassis still need the 380 motor mount and motor, so if anyone has, let me know.
The rest of the chassis is quite good. One of the two I've had with intact front "shock" mounts. New set of wheels/tires, and that's it!.

I gave the body all new original decals on top of the painted finish. (not by me...)

And there you go, a original Holiday Buggy done in two days B)

-Lars

PS: If anybody need parts for Holiday Buggy/Sand Rover vintage chassis, let me know. I have a bucket full. All gone... :)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by larbut.

Re: Holiday Buggy build 12 years 3 months ago #6056

No better way to spend that flu. Nice one. :)

Re: Holiday Buggy build 12 years 3 months ago #6075

Nice! Always liked the holiday buggy

Re: Holiday Buggy build 12 years 3 months ago #6128

will it be a shelfer or a runner? :huh: :huh:

Re: Holiday Buggy build 12 years 3 months ago #6129

will it be a shelfer or a runner? :huh: :huh:

it's for the shelf. The painted body does not allow for driving, as it would chip way too easy.
The holiday Buggy body made of Polythene is actually not good to paint, but the previous owner of this body did paint it, and if I leave it on the shelf, it will look nice.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Holiday Buggy build 12 years 3 months ago #6154

Yep, paint wont stick (Longterm) to polyethylene.
HOWEVER I'm sure I've read somewhere about people dying these bodies. Not sure if it actually works or not as I've never tried it

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.