Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya Williams FW 11B Honda F-1 1987 (NIB) kinda 12 years 2 months ago #7522

HI!... Got this Tamiya Williams FW 11B Honda F-1 1987 off of Ebay as well. Got it cheap. The original owner bought it NIB and started to build it and gave up and lost interest. I'm going to finish building it and going box art on it. It will also be a shelf queen in my collection.

Anyone speak Japanese? LOL!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by THE H.P FREAK.

Re: Tamiya Williams FW 11B Honda F-1 1987 (NIB) kinda 12 years 2 months ago #7566

HI!... Well I decided to put it together last night. Got all the body parts and body itself cut out. Chassis is all put together. I installed some vintage electronics in it as well. Car didn't come with the original Tamiya 540RS motor so I installed a 1987 Trinity motor instead. If I can get my hands on a original NIP 540 RS motor I'll install it. The car was missing one rear body mount and the adjustable nylon battery straps. Both are on Ebay so I'll just order them. I still have to paint the body and put the decals on. Just don't have time for that right now.

Last edit: by THE H.P FREAK.

Re: Tamiya Williams FW 11B Honda F-1 1987 (NIB) kinda 12 years 2 months ago #7569

cant see the pictures,
3 Old Tamiya's

Re: Tamiya Williams FW 11B Honda F-1 1987 (NIB) kinda 12 years 2 months ago #8006

HI!... Well that went badly. I tried for the 1st time to use LIQUID MASK to cover areas of the body so I could do a nice clean paint job. Well apparently the product I was using does not like 30 year old Tamiya Lexan bodies. Needless to say I'm now looking for a new body for this car, because the original was dissolved. :cry: :angry:

Re: Tamiya Williams FW 11B Honda F-1 1987 (NIB) kinda 12 years 2 months ago #8008

Sounds like a very frustrating experience. What a waste... :dry: :blink:

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Tamiya Williams FW 11B Honda F-1 1987 (NIB) kinda 12 years 2 months ago #8045

just use tamiya masking tape, or paint it on the outside if the inner body is damaged.
3 Old Tamiya's

Last edit: by Spitfire.

Re: Tamiya Williams FW 11B Honda F-1 1987 (NIB) kinda 12 years 2 months ago #8077

HI!... Well the body kinds dissolved in a few spots. So it went in the garbage. I'll get another one. I hope TBG makes one. Can't find out until they go back online. Their currently shut down while they make more product.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.