Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya Martini Renault F-2 "1979" 11 years 11 months ago #9871

HI!... Picked up a Tamiya Martini Renault F-2 (1979)this week. It needs to be restored but is in really great condition for being 33 years old. Doesn't look like it was ever run. No scratches on it anywhere. It's missing a few cosmetic things like the left/right mirrors, the rollbar, and the rear wire bumper. If anyone has these items or knows where I can purchase them it would be greatly appreciated!!!!! :y: I'll be restoring this one and adding it to my ever growing shelf queen collection. :laugh:

+

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Tamiya Martini Renault F-2 "1979" 11 years 11 months ago #9873

thats a nice example there. Good luck finding parts, I am looking myself, and I see them pop on ebay now and then, but postage to Australia has always been a problem for me. eg I could have bought a body for about 3 pounds, but postage was quoted at 68 pounds, which is nearly $100AUD and way beyond my budget. Your rear wing looks in pretty good nic, mine has crazed a lot and I am considering sanding it back and trying to chrome it myself.

Re: Tamiya Martini Renault F-2 "1979" 11 years 11 months ago #9882

It sure looks nice!
Can't have had much use, judged by the little wear of the MSC and tyres and hardly scratched underside.
Nice find! :cheer:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Tamiya Martini Renault F-2 "1979" 11 years 3 months ago #17814

HI!...
Well I finally did a ground up restoration and got some electronics installed. Also got the body painted in the proper colours.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.