Keyword

TOPIC:

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 months 2 weeks ago #77845

I made some test prints of the motor cover. I wanted to be sure it can be mounted on a car with the motor in...

I printed the parts for exhaust and airboxes in white so we can clearly see a color separation for the tests...

Then the motor cover and the rest of the rear cover...

I may have been too quick launching a print as the top part of the moto cover was not thick enough, and as a result it separated with the supports. I glued it so it's workable... In any case, the target for those parts is not really FDM...

Here is rear cover assembled...

And here is on a Galaxy chassis (which was easier to pull as the box is easily accesible currently). The part won't be compatible with the Galaxy due to the shock towers and that's not really a surprise...  The motor is the Marui 360RS, too long for this, but a regular 540 silver can will work.

Some rework is required because the room for cables is too tight. A little revision will be made and that should be good to go...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 months 2 weeks ago #77846

Another print run this time to check the 380 motor cage version.

The fit is perfect with original holes (no surprise here) and same to the 540 version, I need to add more room for the cables management...

There is more room availablable to add details around, so it is more look alike the original pre production model picture...

An important thing to note is that will require my Marui 2WD gear set as the 380 Mabuchi easily available are all with a press fit 10T m.8 pinion :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 months 6 days ago #77878

After last week work, I need to finalise the bodyshell and the roll cage...
I started to work on the roll cage, as I intended to rework the bodyshell differently. I've done many changes, with the target to get within the footprint of the Hunter bodyshell for the front. The different slopes we have for the roll cage are similar to the Hunter bodyshell we know.

Once this was done, I restarted a new bodyshell.

Then I started to refine  it more and more until a point where I still think I could do something better or different, but I'll need to stop at some point...

Here is my current final version. The cockpit area is way better than in my previous version where the the front of the roll cage was too vertical... 

Next steps : work out the mold, and start to work the clusters in order to print the parts...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 months 6 days ago #77879

Great work and the fit of the body on the chassis is great

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 months 5 days ago #77882

I did not advance much today... Just built a mould for the prototype bodyshell...

And out of curiosity, I tried to see if it is printable within the 256x256x256 mm of the Bambu Lab X1C

Yeah... Technically possible, but I guess this will be challenging at least because of the supports...

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 months 3 days ago #77890

I did some splits and tried to make them in the smartest possible way considering what I'm trying to acheive...

The side pods requires to be removed at the end, so they will be separated at the seam line between the main body and the side pods, making the split less visible in the vacformed body (hopefully). The main body will be splitted in two with a vertical line which is going to be lined up with the projectors. That will allow to hide the splitting line...

There is a key part that maintain the parts together which is the first part to remove to unmold the body...

I may still need to do one adjustment to get the rear of the parts sitting on the bed, but this is just a detail...

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 months 1 day ago #77905

I modified some bits of the moulds
- removing some useless material, and making sure we can print this sitting on a flat face while ensuring nice finish all along the areas in contact with the vacformed sheet...

Some supports will be required but that is very limited at the end...

Now I really need to focus on the clusters definitions...

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 months 1 day ago #77906

Launched a few renderings, just for the sake to see the car complete with the new bodyshell and the rollcage

And I started to work out the cluster, starting by the key prototype parts... Red marks the added parts that are not going to remain at the separation of the parts...

And that is going to be my whole proto set of files. The 380 version of the motor cover will inlude a specific motor mount, while the 540 is simplified compared to the 380 version, and do not include the motor mount (my assumptions is that the people who are going to be interested with those parts are already having a 540 motor mount for their Hunter).

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 1 month 4 weeks ago #77916

Last night, I launched a few additional test prints... The Galaxy Bumper is quite optimal for 3D printing. I'll print one in TPU, as I believe it will be perfect.

This morning, I went with my son to the local yearly motorbike show. I came back within the afternoon, and resume the work on the clusters...
I started with the front suspension. The front structure will be kept separated. I did 2 versions, as Hunter MK1 was having some different arms (no shocks hook).

Then I worked out the parts for rear train, and included as well he Galaxy Shock stays, and roll cage stays...

Remains : the Hunter front "shocks" parts, the proto rear "shocks" parts, the Hunter bodyshell parts (bodyhook and searchlights), and some minor corrections I need to do and still on my todo list for parts which are not in clusters..

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 1 month 4 weeks ago #77931

A lot of work was done over yesterday and today... Everything is within the two pictures...

I've also extracted all the parts STL (clustered or not). Next step will be to order parts to build a Marui Hunter Proto...

One thing I still need to do is find a way to get the Chassis broken down in two parts so people can print them at home if they want, I have a few ideas and the bridge on top of the battery seems to be a good start...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.