Keyword

TOPIC:

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 3 months ago #70782

Having this heatsink under the chassis being mainly covered by the plastic parts on which the bumper is seated, I'm really doubtful of the real heat dispersion capability... I may be wrong though, and would be really interested to have an temperature measure before and after a run to see if that is having an impact of any sort... In any case this is something I can say is an interesting design somehow...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 3 months ago #70785

Ahh, it's covered by plastic on the underside as well.  Yeh ok, probably doing diddlysquat.  Well, would potentially be dissipating some heat, but not as much as it could be.

Maybe you could design in an opening into the bumper to allow some air flow???
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 3 months ago #70786

The original Bumper exactly broke where you should add an opening to improve the airflow... Not sure it is a very good idea :-D
The following user(s) Liked this: Ducksnuts

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 3 months ago #70793

And I will need to have a look at the rigid groups, pivots and motion as the front suspension is not ins a normal attitude. I need to correct this (the only question I ask myself is why am I doing all of this? :lol: )

Why?  Because you can.  I asked myself the same question when doing CAD work like all the wiring and pneumatic tubing on this LEGO model.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, silvertriple, Ducksnuts

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 3 months ago #70794

I like it :)

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 3 months ago #70795

I'm not sure where I do things wrong... But it's weird...

Later on, still not perfect but slightly better

i'm not really sure how to deal with this. I should have probably used joints much earlier in the process...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 3 months ago #70814

After few days of confusion (360), with a lot of model explosions, and a few crashes of the application...

I'm very happy to say I finally succeed to have some progress today :-)

First I got one shock. 

The design is quite similar between the rear and front, everything is the same between the front and rear except the diameter. Copy, paste new, modify sktechs, done. All the shocks done, including the joints, in a separate file and linked...

Next was to get everything linked together.... Multiple crashes, a corrupted save, some hiccups in the middle, some explosions again and I now have my car with working suspensions, shocks, and steering working...

That was difficult, but I got it. I note for next time that joints used earlier in the process would have definitely helped...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 3 months ago #70815

Took the driver set stls from mininguy71 on thingiverse and reworked it to add a driver to my Nichimo. It took a bit of time to understand how to integrate the Mesh in, but I finally have a driver in my car...

Need to work out the airscoop, bodyshell, roof and wing next, and then only things missing will be screws and nuts...

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 3 months ago #70816

The 21st century spirit. Congrats Marc.

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 3 months ago #70824

Since I had the driver in, I decided to tackle roof and wing in the afternoon.
I decided to do the roof with Metal Sheet, as I prefer the one from the Exceed than the one from the Spirit FF...

Then I did the wing with too much extrusion, bodies and combining them to finish by add fillets 

I did play crop and resize to 80% on vertical to see if it can look like the box art...

I still have to get the bodyshell in...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.