Keyword

TOPIC:

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 2 months ago #70886

The rare brand rc saver. Congrats

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 2 months ago #70922

Another milestone crossed on this project :
All parts are in production now.
- MJF  PA12 Dyed black parts (5 stl files, plus one already printed) are expected to be finished print by April 2nd, and shipment 4-8 days after that
- SLS PA12 Dyed red parts (1 stl file) expected to be shipped by April 11th - 2 days shipment time.

It's now time to take care of another thread/project awaiting the parts to arrive...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 2 months ago #70925

Nice!

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 2 months ago #70942

The black MJF PA12 parts are printed and on the way already...

As said it 6 stl files for the black parts. I repost the pics of the clusters as I had to update some as per the printers requirements:
Chassis halves

Radio box - reinforced sprues

Gearbox - reinforced sprues

Bumper and battery set - unified + reinforced sprues

Suspension arms - unified + reinforced sprues

For the red parts, I reviewed the whole design before submitting it to the printer (IM): reorganized the cluster to get a smaller overall footprint and easier orientation for the key elements, unified some parts and reinforced sprues.

NB: the reorganization of the cluster allowed for a 15% saving compared to my initial estimates.

Black parts were sent from the Chinese provider on Friday. Not sure when it will land here : the estimation I got from DHL express is not in line with the 4-8 days announced when I ordered. With a bit of luck, I get all the parts for my next week of vacations...

On the CAD model itself, I added part of the hardware that was missing (focused on the visible ones only). There is still some missing screws (a lot of them) but it is already driving my computer nuts :)

Played a bit with the model explosion on web visualizer from Fusion360 - this is a lot of fun :)

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 2 months ago #70943

I like the exploded view. Could be a poster.

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 2 months ago #70946

Am i the only who see's a robot rabbit.

The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Lemsko, silvertriple

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 2 months ago #70950

You may see a robot rabbit, but I had no intention to make this happening... The fact is that when you use joints with parts which are not grounded in Fusion 360, it always move the second part you select for the joint interface... And this means the rollcage moved a lot :-), making it very difficult to modify after finishing all the joints...

On my second workfile I paid attention to that small detail, and therefore I could modify the links once the part was finished, which is much easier...

But for the robot rabbit, I'm failing to see the ears :-) ...

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 2 months ago #70983

The second set of MJF PA12 black parts arrived today.

Effectively, all the black parts are now printed. Only the red parts are now missing, and they are expected to arrive within the course of next week.

In the meantime, and while the cat made my print of the base of my rc workstand fail at 87%, by going on the the touch screen of the printer during the print and deactivated the bed heating, I could not help to do some testing, and  detach the parts form the cluster and do further testing...

First was to take the original gearbox halves and put it on the printed halves.

Perfect alignment. I did further testing after removing the cluster attachment :
- holes size : perfect
- ball bearing fit : perfect
- test fit the original transmission in (no fixation) : meshes perfectly
- fitting in the chassis  : perfect
- fitting with the chassis and motor plate : perfect

Top chassis and  radio box:

A minor defect on the top chassis : while adding some thickness on the top chassis to pass the printer service preprint controls, I forget to apply a recut on the modified area. I used a cutter to repair this, and it is now perfect. Everything else fits perfectly. On the radio box, the important positions are there. However the hinge is not positioned properly : it 1 millimeter forward than what it should be to fit the original other parts. In any case the two parts are meant to be printed together so this should not be an issue.

Suspension arms :

The print is good, but I may have been slightly optimistic for the finish, as the finition is not homogeneous - but to see this, you need to look very carefully. I may want to review my cluster to give more space in between each arms...

Bumper, bumper plate : they work together with the original parts (or the remains of the original bumper). Which means it is another check mark ticked.

overall fitting 

It looks like it is on the good path :)
I know the red parts are going to work with the black parts. I can't wait the red parts to arrive. Not sure when they will arrive exactly...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, mirrorman

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 2 months ago #70984

Amazing Work. 💪
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 2 months ago #70987

This has been a really enjoyable project to watch.  Everything is coming out amazingly well for a first print.  I am looking forward to seeing the addition of the red parts.
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.