Keyword

TOPIC:

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 2 weeks ago #76156

rinted gearbox with original arms : check!

Printed motor cap with original arms : check!

Printed brushless motor cap with original arms : check!

Printed arms with original gearbox and motor cap: check!

I have no doubts on the front arms as I have a running set already on the Super Wheelie which ran at the vintage events...

In short : all good. The internal gearbox was already tested few weeks ago, and it led to a minor change which was not printed. The change will be replaced by a shim washer in the build but I have o doubt it will work... I've not conducted MJF PA12 print test of the Big Bear arms, but their key features are the same as the Super Wheelie arms, and it should be fine...

TLDR : All good! Next will be chassis build :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, mirrorman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 2 weeks ago #76158

I can't wait to see this built with the mitsu body. Really Amazing work.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 2 weeks ago #76178

Today was my last day of vacations before getting back to work tomorrow... I initially planned to build the chassis... But nothing went as per plan :-/

I gathered all the hardware parts I needed and identified potential replacement for most expect the rear axles... And there was only one part that was found missing at the end of the gathering : the 14T mod 0.8 motor pinion!

I spent the whole afternoon to search for it in my part bins and cases. I'm sure I had 2 as I had one in the Super Wheelie I ran during the vintage events, but the second one were nowhere to be found... Until tonight 22:00 where I found it while searching for something else (that I did not find) :-)
The build is rescheduled!

I also spend some time to examinate the options for the Shell printing. I'm hesitating between resin and MJF nylon. Last one is going to be more resistant for runs, while the resin option is going to be nicer... It's a difficult decision. I can always do another body for running purpose. I need to order this by friday to get it on time...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 1 week ago #76245

While awaiting the prints to attack the build, I'm taking care of the parts which are not dealt with using MJF PA12. There is some light glasses I need to print in flex transparent resin. I have some Liqcreate Elastomer-X. Initially I took it as I thought about being a solution for colored tires, but the issues I have with the Liqcreate Flexible-X have put this idea aside. I thought this could be now a good application.

The first print was 50% failed, and I don't understand the reason. The second turned better and I did not change any settings in between. The two glasses of the first print are already cured, it yellow a bit, but that should not be much an issue for my application...

I did 5 minutes UV cure in a jar of water, and then 25 minutes out of the water as prescribed in the information provided by Liqcreate...

Last part I need to take care is the windshield glass... I plan to cut some acrylic sheet with the Silhouette Cameo 4 to address this, and I'm eager to start the build...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 1 week ago #76246

Nice lences. And with strong leds, it will be perfect. 

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 1 week ago #76267

This afternoon, i tried to export a dxf from Fusion360 to transofrm it in png, and it did not worked the way I wanted. I finally took a screenshot of the windows profile, and redimensionned it in Silhouette Studio, set the sequence of cutting : first pass for the holes, second for the glass surrounds...

And tada...

Why so many? The sheet is 200 microns, and I'd like to have just a bit more, and I decided to cut 3, and more just in case... Anycase, this worked well :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, mirrorman

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 1 week ago #76268

More is never enough. Really fine. And now, let's go to the build.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 1 week ago #76269

Wait, the bodyshell parts are still in progress...

Quick question : is someone able to provide the dimensions of the springs used for Wild Willy bumper attachement?

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 1 week ago #76297

This Marui Super Wheelie project started a bit more than 8 monthe ago, when I started to model the chassis… It was lot of fun, and having both 6V and 7.2V chassis, the bodyshells, I wanted to have the Mitsubishi unreleased body as well… Modeling it was fun, but I wanted one I can run, so the stl were done, and the printing is ongoing… And the story continues…

Two years ago, when I started the Marui Hunter project, one guy based in Australia, Yogi-bear proposed me some stickers for my Hunter (he was working on a similar project at that time), and few weeks later, I received stickers in my mailbox. And Johann became a friend… He knew I was modeling this  car and that I had the intention to print it, and during a discussion, I asked him if he was able to draw the stickers, and if he could share with me the graphics so I can do the rendering... 
He did, and although there is still some work to do to get some proper sizing, and the limitation of Fusion 360 making it difficult to get it assigned to faces… The “Bouncing Billy” driver name was added within the process to add some personality to the car, based on an idea taken from some comments on one of my facebook publications, and I really like it..

And when we work out renderings from there…

Obviously the sizing won’t be perfect until I get a body printed and the exact measurements done with the stickers, but it already looks super nice… I’m already super happy with the result :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, mirrorman

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 8 months 6 days ago #76341

I'm eager to start the real thing... Printed parts are on the way, as well as some specific hardware to complete the set...

Today, some of the stuff arrived. 

The stickers sheet is a PDF I printed to check the sizing as soon as I receive the printed parts... 
A major part of the hardware is there. Missing stuff should arrive by Saturday.
The Bumper fixation is sorted as I found some Springs with the same internal diameter than the orginal ones (the wire is having a smaller diameter but that should not be an issue). They fit perfectly and they will do the job. I just had to recut them to make them slightly shorter.

Very difficult at this stage when the last set of printed parts will arrive, all the more so as they did not go the same route as previous shipment from the same manufacturer... The latest will be next tuesday, but I really hope it will be earlier. Crossing fingers :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.513 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.