Keyword

TOPIC:

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 7 months 3 weeks ago #76601

I was pretty busy those last evenning to finish this... There is an event this week-end and I wanted the bodyshell to be finished (stickers aside, which will be later on)...

The work is almost done. I identified a few elements for correction, but they are very minor, and they are all noted in my todo list. It's really a pleasure to be able to see the car finally complete and in a painted non CAD glory...

And the lights are working...

The cable of the battery is not organized properly, but there is room inside to make it nicer..

Once the solo pictures were done, I had to do a bit of familly pictures...

With the old CJ-7 brother...

And with the Big Bear as well

Bouncing Billy is not yet strongly attached to the body shell, I need to find a solution for this as I suspect the resin won't resist a run...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Ducksnuts, mirrorman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 7 months 3 weeks ago #76602

Congratulations Marc.  It's fantastic in a so short time. You must to do videos this week-end when guys will discover it in reality.
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 7 months 3 weeks ago #76603

Flo, "so short time" is a bit underestimated... I mean, by a mile or multiple... This is about 9 months work. When I started the project, this was the ultimate goal... The one I did not talk too much until I got the CJ-7 and Land Cruiser bodyshell models... At the end it is a very unique car, and the goal is achieved, or almost... It is still missing some stickers.
And for the week-end, I think there will be a lot of interest for those who are 3D printers (I meet some of them last year in the same event)... Not sure for the others...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 7 months 3 weeks ago #76604

Short time between all the parts réception and the finalized car able to run. And same 9 monthes it's a short time to have a never produced already hopuped rc. 

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 7 months 2 weeks ago #76658

There was a few Super Wheelies present in the event over the week-end...

The Mitsubishi Jeep catched the people and generated a few 3D printing discussions, but I did not ran it. I won't run it until it has stickers on.

The CJ-7 however ran, like the Big Bear and a few times... In the afternoon, my brother was there, and he kindly took some video footage (I just removed the embarassing crashes from the video :-) ).
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Ducksnuts, mirrorman

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 7 months 2 weeks ago #76687

My car is still waiting for stickers...

In the meantime I'm doing some additional pictures to prepare the two future publications on Cults3D... One for the chassis and one for the bodyshell and accessories...

I also prepared a small support fitting the chassis...

And I printed it...

The text is not visible in full you have to look thru different angles to read it, but I like it and the tires are no longer on the ground... This will be complement of the Super Wheelie bodyshell. I need to work out a different support for the Big Bear, as here it is not high enough, and the chassis is not enough for the support as the gearbox may tilted the car if supported the same way...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, Ducksnuts

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 7 months 2 weeks ago #76688

I love it.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 7 months 2 weeks ago #76690

The Big Bear got the same treatment, with larger parts, and with the rear hook under the axles...

Obviously the print took was way longer...

This is another element done...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, mirrorman

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 7 months 1 week ago #76712

I got this morning some news from Australia, and the stickers are on the way...

Looking forward for it, and thanks to my friend yogi-bear :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, yogi-bear, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 7 months 1 day ago #76779

The stickers arrived yesterday from Australia...

I could not wait to apply them... And it looks like the project can be called done...

Marui Super Wheelie unreleased Mitsubishi Jeep (kit MT60-RC09 as presented in Marui RC Catalag from 1986). With two chassis I could probably reproduce the catalog imagery...

The stickers are really nice... And the cars is now having nice colors...

And I also took some family pics, as usual...

When I started this project I had this overal target in mind, and the result is clearly above my initial expectations... And thanks again to Yogi-bear who made the last leg of the project possible...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.