Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

RM-01 to AYK EXL 480K 12 years 2 months ago #7462

• Rakuda
  • Rakuda's Avatar Topic Author
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
This is sort of a long story. I like 1/12th scale cars and race them but the cars i like are really hard to get parts for even here in Japan so I am converting a Tamiya RM-01 in to a style of car that AYK used to win many Japanese national titles.The RM-01 that Tamiya just released is a very nice car and I will be able to get parts for it off the shelf so I am happy they released the car on many different levels.
I have a RM-01 and will race it untouched,so my plan was just to make a seperate chassis to use sometimes. Swithing betweent the two chassis just for fun.
Here are the rules for the class,1/12th,380 motor and 2 cell lipo. Thats it,no weight limit,so I am going to try light weight,that means no rear suspension.
Well pictures would help explain so here you go.

Tamiya RM-01

and my target chassis
An AYK EXL 480

Last night I cut out the lower chassis and now I am thing about the upper deck.It rather a simple design,but that what make is so interesting to me.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: RM-01 to AYK EXL 480K 12 years 2 months ago #7497

I'll be following this with much interest! B)

Re: RM-01 to AYK EXL 480K 12 years 2 months ago #7545

• Rakuda
  • Rakuda's Avatar Topic Author
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
Today I cut out the outside of the top deck,I still have to finish the holes on the inside to get it lighter. Right now the car is 100 grams lighter than a RM-01. Today was a day full of hand cutting so next will be focusing on the hardware. Getting things to look a bit better and stripping off the blue. Another thing about the hardware is to get it lower. I want to keep the bigger size tires and still have the chassis about 4 mm off the ground.

Well here is a picture,it basiclly looks about right.

Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.