Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: custom dune buggy build 12 years 4 weeks ago #8686

A DF-01 gearbox would probably be a nice match. It allows for pinions from 16T up to 21.
But a Grashopper gearbox is a good choice I think. Less complicated and easier make it look to the buggy in the first post.
And pretty dependable if you add an extra shock (or two) as an alternative for the tiny springs on the axle... :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: custom dune buggy build 12 years 4 weeks ago #8687

Frog or FAV would be easiest. KingCab (Astute), RC10B4, Annsmann Mad Rat etc

Re: custom dune buggy build 12 years 4 weeks ago #8691

i will get those paddle type tyres if i can get them to fit the hopper wheels. i am working on a real budget here at the moment.
got the copper pipe and everything to solder it together. i just want to get a rolling chassis together before i start adding all the electrickery.
cant post a pic up cuz i have no decent photoshop or design programmes but im thinking if i use a hopper gearbox, standard rear shock mounting, but on the front bottom mount of the gearbox pivot i fit a set of smaller shocks mounted to the chassis but with a stabilizer bar mounted each side to prevent sideways movement? :S

Re: custom dune buggy build 12 years 4 weeks ago #8692

Not sure which sideways movement but maybe you could have a look at Jonny's 3rd shock mod to get an idea. :y:

Re: custom dune buggy build 12 years 4 weeks ago #8693

Not sure which sideways movement but maybe you could have a look at Jonny's 3rd shock mod to get an idea. :y:

looking at that custom built truck on the other thread, a linkage side down the chassis to the bottom of the forward shock mount. i will draw a picture and scan it tomorrow to show what i mean

Re: custom dune buggy build 12 years 4 weeks ago #8695

Very interested... you could indeed use a 4-link. :y:
Another option is to make a chassis plate but that gives a less open structure.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: custom dune buggy build 12 years 1 week ago #9133

Any progress then Age?

Re: custom dune buggy build 12 years 1 week ago #9136

funnily enough i made some progress today. started on the roll cage/cab. its over size tube at the moment as its easier to shorten it rather than extend it. working roughly off the pic i posted. just wish my soldering skills were a bit better!!

Re: custom dune buggy build 11 years 4 months ago #16264

HI!... I know a lot of guys that build custom "RAILS" usually use a vintage RC-10 backhalf. Mostly with the Stealth trans. Very small and durable and can be made to bolt into any chassis your looking to build.

The RC-10 front suspension works good too :

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.