Keyword

TOPIC:

F350 next 9 years 8 months ago #30324

:angry: I'm looking for 1 solution please.
My F350 body is ready to be painted:
I'm looking for an idea of the color wich I could paint it....
Next help, A chassis on which I can put the body.
The body is too long for a TA01 :angry: Some idea???? Please!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

F350 next 9 years 8 months ago #30325

How about some photos :P and wheel base measurements :whistle:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

F350 next 9 years 8 months ago #30329

Putting some TA02 rear arms on it will get you to 277mm. :)

Last edit: by Edou.

F350 next 9 years 8 months ago #30330

:( the wheelebase is of 190mm. I though to make my homemade chassis but in4x2 or 4x4 and wich transmission???? :unsure: :pinch:

F350 next 9 years 8 months ago #30333

Don't you mean 290mm or are you talking wheelbase width? :unsure:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

F350 next 9 years 8 months ago #30339

"Wheelbase" is ALWAYS the distance between the centre of the front wheel & the centre of the rear wheel on the same side.

"Track" is the distance between the centre of the tire tread on one wheel to the centre of the tire tread on the other side on the same axle. Hardly anyone uses this measure any more due to potential confusion by stupid people with tread/width ;)

"Width" (which used to be known as "tread", but has fallen out of use because a lot of people wouldn't know CONTEXT if it jumped up and bit them on the badword & get confused with tyres) is the distance from the outer edge of one wheel to the outer edge of the other wheel on the same axle.

190mm is a pretty standard Tamiya touring car width, so pick the one that's closest in wheelbase and/or easiest to modify - all will be a bit of a compromise, personally I think a TA-02 with a homemade chassis plate & fiddled with driveshaft is possibly the best/easiest.

:)

F350 next 9 years 8 months ago #30340

For colours, I don't think you can go far wrong with a metallic red on any vehicle, something like Citroen "Wicked Red" (over white primer is a lot nicer than grey). Metallic blue looks good on trucks, e.g. Renault "Monaco Blue".

Looking at what other people had used, green looks wrong, orange looks like a toy, white, silver & grey are a bit anonymous, yellow looks good, but only on big trucks, on a lowrider I don't think it would work.

:)

F350 next 9 years 8 months ago #30359

:blush: sorry guys, the wheelebase is 290 not 190. Maybe I'll use a ta01 base with mix of ta02 and ta01 spares but with homemade chassis but in very simple made. ( like my mardave f1 chassis) but what use for the transmission arm.
Thanks for the color idea. The red version looks interesting. Do you think full red?
Thanks a lot

F350 next 9 years 8 months ago #30360

:laugh: first work om the bodyshell.

2 layers of primer and 1 of silver
Attachments:

F350 next 9 years 8 months ago #30361

Thanks for the color idea. The red version looks interesting. Do you think full red?
Thanks a lot

... m i c, k e y, m o u s e. It's Mickey Mouse, Mickey Mouse...

Sorry - judging by the silver on the body, floor, plant, pot, Mickey Mouse ( m i c, k e y, m o u s e etc) bin I guess you're thinking red over silver - I don't see why that wouldn't work :y:

re the drive shaft, from memory the shaft is a simple bent steel wire rod on the TA02, so I'm thinking chop the ends off & fit those in a thicker shaft (holes in the end, fix down with grub screws?)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.