Keyword

TOPIC:

F350 next 9 years 8 months ago #30362

:laugh: Yes Jonny, It's Mic key "mousse" trash can. Thanks to my wife's mother balcony for the painting place :silly: The plant is dead since long timessssssssssss.
Do you know the difference between candy red and matalic red?
I found that my old kyosho sandmaster chassis has the good wheelebase. I just have to make a motor stay and find the good module for the pinion. or find an EP transmission set. (like the hi rider II) or tracker. dilemes.........

Please Log in to join the conversation.

F350 next 9 years 8 months ago #30363

Do you know the difference between candy red and matalic red?

Metallic - solid colour with bits of metal in it, often needs a coat of clear over it

Candy - silver base coat with coloured lacquer over it, gives the impression of much greater depth of gloss

So you're going for a candy red?

F350 next 9 years 8 months ago #30365

:) Maybe, I don't know. I have to find the colour. But I have a matter. I have some scratches sanding marks. I used wet red "scotchbrite" But I have some marks after primering and silver coat. I would like to have a nice base. :angry: How can I do?

F350 next 9 years 8 months ago #30367

Tamiya TS-74 Clear Red?

Re the scratches ... I've never used Scotch Brite for paint prep so had to look up the grit equivalents (academic.evergr...finish.pdf) ... so "red" is 360-400 grit - are we seeing the problem here? That's far too rough to use for finishing...

If the scratches didn't show when you primed it but only appeared when you used the silver them I'm thinking it can't really be that bad, so you've got some options:

1 - strip it all off & start again

2 - leave it to harden off for a week or more, fill the scratches & flat off with very fine paper & then spray the silver again

3 - ignore them, put a very heavy top coat on & then polish back ... problem with this, if it still looks kak you've wasted a lot more paint ... i'd try 2 :)

F350 next 9 years 8 months ago #30368

:) Thanks a lot Jonny, I think that I'd try the second solution. sanding and repaint to have a nice surface. It will take some times but this body merits it. I would like to have a very nice body. I have to make lights system too.:p

F350 next 8 years 6 months ago #35867

right! My own hilift was very bad painted. And waiting some new projects ( they will come next week) :whistle:
I decided to repaint my f350 body.
Here is the result after a graff remover bomb action.

marbling is not so bad :sick:
Attachments:

F350 next 8 years 6 months ago #35923

;) The paint is drying now.
a. nice clio4 metalic red. The painter is the same as the mb
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, AndyAus

F350 next 8 years 6 months ago #35927

:woohoo: Only need to paint the details ;)

sorry for the bad quality of the picts too dark
In the reality, The color is not so pinky :angry:
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Last edit: by stingray-63.

F350 next 8 years 6 months ago #35928

Looking goody buddy B) I bet it looks more like this :)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Last edit: by AndyAus.

F350 next 8 years 5 months ago #35930

yeahhhhh!!!
thanks buddy

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.