Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Does anyone know a close colour to this please :-) 8 years 8 months ago #35205

Ive just bought another body set for the Tamiya Evo X, The original one i painted in silver to keep it standard and original, i want to paint the new body to match my real Evo X but the tamiya colour chart pics are poor quality, If anyone knows a close ish colour it would be great :y:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Does anyone know a close colour to this please :-) 8 years 8 months ago #35206

• rcb
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
It's Mitsubishi rally red I believe. If you want to match it, buy the automotive touch-up paint in aerosol. Then you'll be dead on. Alternatively, you could go to your local paint store and have them look up the color and mix you some. Some places can put it in an aerosol. You can get it in a can, but usually a pint is the smallest most will mix.

Last edit: by rcb.

Does anyone know a close colour to this please :-) 8 years 8 months ago #35207

:) Maybe you can try to ask to a body repair garage if they could give you a rest of paint or to sell you a little quantity of paint. ;)

Does anyone know a close colour to this please :-) 8 years 8 months ago #35208

It's Mitsubishi rally red I believe. If you want to match it, buy the automotive touch-up paint in aerosol. Then you'll be dead on. Alternatively, you could go to your local paint store and have them look up the color and mix you some. Some places can put it in an aerosol. You can get it in a can, but usually a pint is the smallest most will mix.

I would be concerned about using automotive paints on a Lexan/Polycarbonate shell. Automotive paints will have problems with the flexing of the lexan and crack.

For Tamiya PS paints, TamiyaUSA has the panit charts available online here:
www.tamiyausa.c...crcXfnoRSE

Maybe 89919 Metallic Wine Red ?
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Last edit: by larbut.

Does anyone know a close colour to this please :-) 8 years 8 months ago #35213

:) I tried some Renault sprays on lexan. Black and white. The flat black is ok the flat white too
but glossy paints are nok. The paint does small sparkes. The advantage is that the body is very clean like new when all the paint has autoremoved :huh:

Does anyone know a close colour to this please :-) 8 years 8 months ago #35219

• rcb
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
I forgot about that. Would it still be a problem with acrylic urethanes rather than enamels?

Does anyone know a close colour to this please :-) 8 years 8 months ago #35223

Cheers, I think the wine red larbut mentioned looks the closest, normal metalic car paint is just a base coat with lacquer over it so it would flake off the flexi bodys :(

Does anyone know a close colour to this please :-) 8 years 8 months ago #35225

the pro 1/1paint is made for flexible plastics too. for exemple the bumpers. I know a very good paint for the lexan, it is createx. they have a lot of pro 1/1 paints. same in the nascar. In France it is expensive but a very good quality and an amazing panel of colors.
(for exemple, my lunchy cameleon nude body)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.395 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.