Keyword

TOPIC:

Oh dear 6 years 2 months ago #48077

Why oh why would you make such a shite job of something ???
Any good ideas as to how to get all the paint off people?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Oh dear 6 years 2 months ago #48079

This plastic is fragile. In tour place, I would remove the heads, wash all and spray directly 1 or 2 layers of primer to cover and repaint.all correctly. The heads support the costic soda.

Oh dear 6 years 2 months ago #48083

Agree with Flo! just paint over it.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Oh dear 6 years 2 months ago #48084

I already try to strip down a cockpit. I lost it......
Or you have the more expensive solution. Buy another one but this looks in a very good state.

Oh dear 6 years 2 months ago #48089

I would try with brake fluid....

Guess you have nothing to loose !
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Oh dear 6 years 2 months ago #48090

I would try with brake fluid....

Guess you have nothing to loose !

You read my mind, I was just about to ask about the brake fluid method, my pal in the states swears by it, tho he says is not a quick job, put it in n forget about for a couple of weeks was his quote

Oh dear 6 years 2 months ago #48091

Check my thread on graffiti remover, I think in my Countach refurb thread, I definitely recommend it. Test it in the plastic first but I use nothing but this product how. Available from tool station for £10.

Breakfluid is good, I have found it eat some plastic a little and makes it cloudy like and take the smooth finish away.
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Oh dear 6 years 2 months ago #48092

Well seeing as I’m a mechanic, brake fluid is the route I shall try, It was influenced by the fact that I had nearly 20 ltr of the stuff laid around, so a brake fluid bath is the way I shall go for the moment, I will report back results, I also have this lunchy body that needs doing so a good test, it must have 5 coats on it at least, it will be interesting what horrors may lurk beneath haha :S
Attachments:

Oh dear 6 years 2 months ago #48093

I forgot this deco Alan. That give me some idea for a pickup... :y:

Oh dear 6 years 2 months ago #48095

Hey all,
The paint issue looks bad but it should come off depending what it is. If it is acrylic or enamel the brake fluid or oven cleaner or graffiti remover should do the trick. I do caution against using them on clear lexan though, tends to make it cloudy. I doubt it is any of the TS line of paints as it is brushed on.
I am currently trying to find a method for taking that off with out destroying the body. andyaus uses a blasting method and it think that is looking like the best option.
I think your best option might be to get a new one though, considering the cut out bit as well. It looks to be the somewhat current part # 54491 cockpit interior and they are about $12 on spend bay, RCmart might be better if they have them.

And as always try a test spot first if you are stripping, you just never know.....:dry:
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, goldfish999

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.