Keyword

TOPIC:

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 3 months 4 weeks ago #77418

Apparently, Bambulab already teases a new flagship printer for 2024, and a conquest is launched for the best 3D print of 2023, with annoncement of the winner on feb 5th, perhaps at the time of introduction of the new printer...

I decided to show of my special Hyper Wheelie... If you pass there, don't hesitate to click like on my instagram publication :-)

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, Lemsko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 3 months 4 weeks ago #77419

Looks awesome!
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 3 months 4 weeks ago #77421

I hope you win Marc!
You do so much for the rc world in this 3d print segment you need to be noticed!
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, silvertriple

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 2 months 4 weeks ago #77706

It  happens I'm printing stuff that has nothing related with RC... 
Yesterday I received a starlink equipment to bump my connectivity bandwith (from almost none). I designed a part to fix the antenna to the wall...

Then I printed it in PETG/CF as it was what I had at hand for this. I installed the 0.6 nozzle for this, and the prints was just entering in the plate. Except the infill which was set to gyroid instead of grid, it's all default for strength in 0.3mm layer thickness... It was a long print.

The texture is really nice and you need to look into the details to see the layers... One of my nicest prints so far... I'm really impressed by the aspect... I guess I'll print more parts with this material :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 2 months 3 weeks ago #77711

that is a really good looking print, hard to tell it was done on a 3D printer

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 2 months 2 weeks ago #77790

One of the issues of my way of working is that I start to believe I love working in CAD way more than printing, or even building cars.... And the issue is now to find new cars to model...

Few cars I would love to put my hands on for full CAD modeling (off road buggies 1/10, EP, and trying to avoid car already model by others):
- Bandai/Monogram Mad Wolf (i'm not sure if I should thanks the one who have mentioned this one at some point)
- RCL Incident

That being said, I would also love to model few GP cars, and among those, the Serpent Quattro chassis family is what come to my mind naturally...

Anyway, back to 3D printing... Some change may take place in my home fablab this year. I'm not sure what will take the priority but here is some of my current thinking/searches:
- a bigger FDM printer : multi material is a must, around 350x350x350 print volume, ideally dual extruder, direct drive, enclosed
- a 10inches SLA printer : Uniformation GK2 maybe filling all the ticks for this one (same criterias I used for the Photon M3, but bigger, with heating included).
- a desktop molding injection press : i've took some contacts to have price estimates, but it appeared far more expensive than what I was thinking initially, to the point an industrial press might be way cheaper, if I had the room for it (spoiler : it's big and heavy, and there is no way I get this stored at home). So this will have to be revisited later, or built in DIY...
- a Lathe or CNC mill... I know this is out of the 3D printing, but a step file is not that far from a STL file regarding modeling, and the more I do things, the more i'm tempted to approach the "complete designed and built by myself car"
(and it is obvious that due to the cost of some equipments, I should forget the list of dreamt car for CAD :-/ - all about choice and priorities...)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 2 months 2 weeks ago #77793

For me that loves the TL01 chassis, I would love to see a TL02 ish...
Chassis that split upwards is one of those things.

Anyway you are doing great work Marc!

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 2 months 2 weeks ago #77796

You could attack a kyosho wheely action ( I need to restore my gp version) and I have a serpent street spec if you want to modelize one.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 2 months 2 weeks ago #77804

it always fun to get more machines. I think the lathe, cnc/lathe machine would probably give you the widest scope for making parts, although the ability to injection mold would be handy. You can fairly compact lathe/mill combinations and it's not too much of a stretch to add cnc capabilities afterwards. Depends really on what you are most keen to make. That polycarbonate chassis you modelled the other day could be done on a cnc machine (along with carbon fibre parts, but be careful) and then you use a strip heater to make the bends.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 2 months 2 weeks ago #77807

Yes, it always fun to get more machines :-). My ideas are limitless... Sometimes I have the vision of something I want to do and build, and then it is about the path to make it... And some discussion with people like you are also feeding ideas to set a path...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.