Keyword

TOPIC:

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 11 months 4 weeks ago #75138

With the first resin, the tires were not perfect, except the last ones as I learned a lot already... The first Hunter tire got perfect... I don't think it's a wall thickness issue. I perhaps dis something wrong with the resin, I was paying attention to make sure there was no pollution of the resin with IPA, as I made sure that after cleaning the platform it was fully dry with a heat gun to evaporate the IPA... Have I done something wrong here? I did the same with the previous resin. I don't see this as possibly impacting... 

I'll wait for the feedback from the manufacturer and let's see...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 11 months 3 weeks ago #75152

I'm very happy with the AMS solution as it removes some of the rolls management hassle and as well keep the rools in controlled environment. That said 4 seats is not enough. I'm seriously considering to add another AMS to the X1C...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 11 months 2 weeks ago #75243

Since I have the Bambu Lab X1C, I have the possibility to print TPU... Not the lower shore yet, but at least I can print flex filament from the spool holder... It's slow (volumetric flow rate need to be low for TPU), but now that I have a profile that works, I've decided to try a print of the Big Bear tire halves... Print is going to be long : about 10 hours and a half for each side... I'll try to glue them using the external sides of my mould to see if viabale to do this way...

And this is fully the default profile for generic TPU in Bambu studio... Crossing fingers as I really would like to see a Big Bear Tire in person (remmember : I've not seen one yet myself, as the dimension were given to me by a friend from Norway) :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, yogi-bear, stingray-63, Lemsko

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 11 months 1 week ago #75249

First half print finished during the night...

TPU 95A is way to rigid for this, but this is for an experimentation, so I don't really care... There is TPU with lower shore, if I succeed to glue the two halves together, I may try later on to print a tire with a TPU with a rated shore of 65A to see... But not now, as I would need to order a TPU roll first...
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63, Lemsko

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 11 months 1 week ago #75250

looks good for a test, and you could use them as display tires.
Or maybe do you think they would work for drifting? (Maybe not for the Big Bear though )

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 11 months 1 week ago #75251

I thought it would be good to have for display... And I'm quite sure that printed with adaptative layers (and would take way more time), it could definitely make it for a shelve, as basically, with this shore, wall thickness should not be a problem... And for drifting, you just need a bigger motor :-D

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 11 months 1 week ago #75253

Now that I have two halves printed...

I put some additional stuff in Fusion 360 to work that out...

A small precision : the two tires halves have been designed to be printed without any need for support, and the internal rings are acting as support for the printing. This is addressing one the support issue during the printing and as well the key weakness of the Big Bear tire : the walls strength which is low to support the car on a shelve...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, EddyCH

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 11 months 1 week ago #75254

Make a watch with the half tyre. ;)

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 11 months 1 week ago #75255

In absolute need of reporting something :)

The tool to allow the connection was printed and put in place

Then, I used the glue I use normally to bond the tires to the rims...

And I have now a way too rigid Big Bear tire (shore 95A - we should target 50A-65A Shore I believe)...
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63, EddyCH

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 11 months 1 week ago #75259

Today, some testing required before doing something else which requires the test results...

Launched a print of a benchy in HIPS using a new roll of HIPS inserted in the second AMS, next to the ABS roll... After this one, I launch a dual material test using HIPS as support material for ABS to confirm it works...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.