Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Several 5800 series Kits Desired 2 months 32 minutes ago #77860

Hello -
I am looking for several vintage/original kits to complete an ongoing collection and could think of no better place to reach out then here.  
I would prefer NIB and unassembled, sealed even better, but am open to well built models in good condition that weren't run.

Kits that I am searching for:
58040 (5840) Lancia Rally
58041 (5841) Frog (I have one but looking for a better condition NIB unassembled or preferably sealed)
58043 (5843) Grasshopper
58045 (5845) Hornet (I have one but looking for better condition NIB unassembled or preferably sealed)
58052 (5852) Newman Porsche
58038 (5838) Subaru Brat
58063 (5863) Lunch Box

I do have the option to trade kits if that is a better option for someone.  Several kits available.

Thanks for looking this over.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Frog1983.

Several 5800 series Kits Desired 1 month 4 weeks ago #77863

You probably know this, but Tamiya never sealed their old kits, but some of the importers did like in US.
Only factory sealed cars are TRF ones.

Several 5800 series Kits Desired 1 month 4 weeks ago #77865

Caprinut - Thanks for the reply and the additional information.
I'm slowly learning as I go, since I've been away from the hobby for so long, so any information is helpful.  I had heard the same thing you mentioned about the kits being sealed afterwards. Your information helps though so it is much appreciated.

I guess my thoughts were if the kit was sealed up maybe the boxes were spared some staining, discoloration, etc.

As mentioned I've been away from the hobby for the better of 30 years and jumped back in both feet first about 3 weeks ago.  I have been having a blast searching and seeing how much is still out there.

The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.