Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

ENGINE REPLICA FOR TAMIYA SAND SCORCHER AND ROUGH 11 years 4 months ago #17146

Check out this engine replica for the sand scorcher and rough rider.

www.ebay.com/it...1555.l2649

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: ENGINE REPLICA FOR TAMIYA SAND SCORCHER AND ROUGH 11 years 4 months ago #17148

:cry:
My beetle is reminded me

Re: ENGINE REPLICA FOR TAMIYA SAND SCORCHER AND ROUGH 11 years 4 months ago #17162

There's been a few of these about recently, there's one on Ebay UK right now.

Look smart, but why? - the rest of the rear end of an SRB is nothing like a VW Beetle so why the scale additions?

Re: ENGINE REPLICA FOR TAMIYA SAND SCORCHER AND ROUGH 11 years 3 months ago #17228

The sand scorcher is scale based on a baja bug, an offroad buggy that people build from vw beetle.
As you can see in the following pictures the tamiya rear end is pretty similar to the original and the engine replica adds to the scale look.

Attachments:

Last edit: by zeppelin.

Re: ENGINE REPLICA FOR TAMIYA SAND SCORCHER AND ROUGH 11 years 3 months ago #17229

I like it. Would like it even more if it can be made to work with the upward pointing stinger.... :y:

Re: ENGINE REPLICA FOR TAMIYA SAND SCORCHER AND ROUGH 11 years 3 months ago #17267

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Re: ENGINE REPLICA FOR TAMIYA SAND SCORCHER AND ROUGH 11 years 3 months ago #17280

Sorry Zep, what I meant was the rear suspension setup on an SRB is nothing like the beetle - they're usually trailing arm at the rear, not single wishbone.
I'm picky like that, & have never really understood why Tamiya put so much effort into their "scale" models for them to turn out not accurate representations - if you're gonna throw yourself at a job, why not do it properly....

Re: ENGINE REPLICA FOR TAMIYA SAND SCORCHER AND ROUGH 11 years 3 months ago #17357

eddrick, I know what you mean about those rear suspension, they really are nothing like the real beetle.

Re: ENGINE REPLICA FOR TAMIYA SAND SCORCHER AND ROUGH 11 years 3 months ago #17373

Makes you wonder why though doesn't it - the front end's almost identical...

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.