Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vintage 1982 Kyosho Volkswagen Baja Bug lot - SOLD 11 years 1 month ago #19350

Certainly a rare chance to find one of these, a 1982 Kyosho Volkswagen Baja Bug - with box, 2 chassis, body, and many good tyres. A very good, fun vintage project, especially for VW fans...

www.ebay.com.au...1555.l2649
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Hibernaculum.

Vintage 1982 Kyosho Volkswagen Baja Bug lot 11 years 1 month ago #19351

HI!... wow that shipping is a bit crazy. when it's that high I always think the seller is trying to make a profit on the shipping. JMO. :)

Vintage 1982 Kyosho Volkswagen Baja Bug lot 11 years 1 month ago #19352

It's funny you mention that, as I'm just in the process of trying to work out if there's an alternative to Australia Post for international shipping :/ Don't worry, I never profiteer from shipping.

In this instance, a fairly large box is required, and the item weighs over 5kg overall. So when I use Australia Post, here's what I get. Let's say I'm sending it to the USA.

auspost.com.au/...arcel.html

I always recommend regular Air Mail, because it takes about 2 weeks. Compare that to Sea Mail, which looks like good value, until you realize that Australia is a long way from the rest of the world and Sea Mail can take anywhere up to 3 months!
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Hibernaculum.

Vintage 1982 Kyosho Volkswagen Baja Bug lot 11 years 1 month ago #19360

I would agree with you there Hibernaculum, sending stuff out of Australia is expense. I've tried a few other options, like Fedex, but there doesn't seem to be any cheap way. What gets me is stuff coming to Australia is a lot cheaper,

regards

Johann

Vintage 1982 Kyosho Volkswagen Baja Bug lot 11 years 1 month ago #19381

Put both costs (& estimated delivery time for each) in the listing, & let the buyer decide how quickly he wants it vs how much they're willing to pay.
You could even say something like "Sorry but this is the cheapest I can do it, but I welcome any advice if you know how to do it cheaper" - this will get the postage whinees looking for themselves & they'll gain a better understanding/appreciation of what stuff costs to ship abroad

Vintage 1982 Kyosho Volkswagen Baja Bug lot 11 years 1 month ago #19382

Yes, I think today I will add a note to the description, to help explain that the postage cost is purely dictated by Australia Post. And also offer the Sea Mail option, for anyone who is extremely patient. :)

www.rctoymemories.com

Vintage 1982 Kyosho Volkswagen Baja Bug lot 11 years 1 month ago #19386

:) When my daughter was in Australia, I wanted that she mail me a kangaroo pluche, but when she said me the price of the shipping :blink: :silly: :blink: :cry: ... a Jpeg picture was enough :blush: :blush: :blush: :P :y:

Vintage 1982 Kyosho Volkswagen Baja Bug lot 11 years 1 month ago #19387

Yeah, seamail is tricky if you are relying on paypal for any come back. I once bought some items out of Canada, and was quoted 10 weeks. It ended up nearly 11, but either way it was long past the paypal cut-off date. In that case I felt it was worth the risk, I'd only lose about $25AUD for a good lot of new parts. But I always check the users feedback score and comments and how long they've been around,

regards

Johann

Vintage 1982 Kyosho Volkswagen Baja Bug lot - SOLD 11 years 1 month ago #19921

The final winner of my large, heavy Kyosho Baja Bug lot is from Australia, so I guess that makes sense. Overseas bidders weren't in the best position for this item, due to the weight/shipping costs.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.