Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

VQS G11 Part Upgrade 2 years 5 months ago #69053

A5 sounds like a reasonable part to reproduce, yes...we would supply slightly longer hinge pins with no threads, slid them through the lower control arm and A5 section then e-clip them in place on the opposite end. I would need to see the clearances around the lower control arms, A5 and the actual gearbox when fitted together to work out the exact dimensions. To do this we would need a donor car for a day, hopefully someone in Sydney has one or a possible zoom meeting where we can have an open chat and take a closer look.

Anyway guys, what's your honest thoughts? Is there a market for the A5 part from the Thundershot and Terra Scorcher? To be viable we need to make at least 50 units.

Cheers, Robert
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

VQS G11 Part Upgrade 2 years 5 months ago #69054

There is a market for everything, specially for unfindable parts that breaks to often too easily...

But be aware you are not alone on this market.
Tamiya Thundershot part A5 by unclouded - Thingiverse

A basic rule for parts that break easily : there is fair chance to find a printable part easily. You have to propose something different and better to find your room in the market, or address niche markets which are not addressed by anyone...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

VQS G11 Part Upgrade 2 years 5 months ago #69080

Thanks for the insight if you input this item number on eBay 255139133285 (G11 part VQS) you will find our mission statement in the description.
We will only redesign and rebuild the best possible parts so that they have the greatest chance of never breaking. Hence we only use high end Aluminium and anodising for a cool, yet strong look and feel.

If the A5 is a common failing part on the Tamiya Terra Scorcher 2020 Buggy Kit 47442, I could buy the kit, assemble it bare without electronics, solve the A5 issue and resell it for anyone so they can finish off details like body and electronic specs.

Just my thoughts. Any concerns guys?

VQS G11 Part Upgrade 2 years 5 months ago #69081

Actually rcMART have beat me to it, 

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.