Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Original 1980's Blazing Blazer 12 years 2 weeks ago #8901

Original 1980's Tamiya Blazing Blazer (58029)

www.tamiyabase....lazer.html

Metal chassis

It has a three speed gearbox and free wheeling hubs

Included in the sale;

* Original Instruction Manual

* Original Acoms Radio controller

* Original wooden spares box

* Original battery, 240v charger and 12v car charger

This was bought for me when I was born but never really used it

It does work but the car doesn't move very fast, not really sure why though maybe needs a replacement motor or the brushes cleaning up?

www.ebay.co.uk/...1555.l2649
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by larbut.

Re: Original 1980's Blazing Blazer 12 years 2 weeks ago #8912

Nice! Re speed problems: check the speed controller plates & wiper are clean & shiny, & check the wiper goes full travel when you operate the throttle stick. Also check the battery connectors are clean & tight. You can also look/feel if the motor turns freely (If not, put a spot of thin oil on the bearings & spin it by hand to loosen it up). If you've already tried all that to no avail, it's most likely the battery is suffering from old age & lack of use (ie low voltage). They can be recovered sometimes, but I shalln't go into detail right now, but basically fast charge it until it gets quite warm, then run it completely flat (With a car headlamp bulb or similar low resistance high wattage load) & repeat this a few times - normally sorts them out. Oh, & most obviously, I take it it's selecting all the gears & not just stuck in low ratio? Alternatively, I'll have it as an early xmas pressy, I'll look after it, I promise! (I'd be a nice friend for my Hilux!)

Re: Original 1980's Blazing Blazer 12 years 2 weeks ago #8916

Nice! Re speed problems: check the speed controller plates & wiper are clean & shiny, & check the wiper goes full travel when you operate the throttle stick. Also check the battery connectors are clean & tight. You can also look/feel if the motor turns freely (If not, put a spot of thin oil on the bearings & spin it by hand to loosen it up). If you've already tried all that to no avail, it's most likely the battery is suffering from old age & lack of use (ie low voltage). They can be recovered sometimes, but I shalln't go into detail right now, but basically fast charge it until it gets quite warm, then run it completely flat (With a car headlamp bulb or similar low resistance high wattage load) & repeat this a few times - normally sorts them out. Oh, & most obviously, I take it it's selecting all the gears & not just stuck in low ratio? Alternatively, I'll have it as an early xmas pressy, I'll look after it, I promise! (I'd be a nice friend for my Hilux!)

Thanks very much for the advice, but after 30 years of being disappointed by this Blazer a friend has offered me his Axial SCX.............Taxi for one! ;-)
I would have loved to get it working properly but sadly have neither the time or interest to get it going.
Feel free to get bidding, it has only been on ebay 24 hrs and I must have had 30 emails asking how much to buy it now! Best offer so far is

Re: Original 1980's Blazing Blazer 12 years 2 weeks ago #8940

It's always a gamble, finding the right people at the right time, avoiding football match & F1 coverage times, & of course what the weather's doing, to get the best price on Ebay. I'd say let it run - Blazers don't come up often, & rarely complete ones like yours, & the originality/unrestored condition will have the collectors dribbling. At the mo there's a bit of a flood of Hiluxs, meaning they're going for around 3-400, I'd say the Blazer will make around 500, possibly more. But like I said, it depends who's seen it & how many.
If you've been disappointed by the Blazer, I'm guessing you've been trying to make it do what off-roaders should, & not just admiring it as a complex bit of model engineering. Yes, they're really pants as an RC car, too heavy, too fragile & too much work to set up properly & drive!
I'll swap you for a shiny, boxed, nearly new Hilux Highlift if you like, it'll go anywhere & has the beans to pull me across carpet on a wheely office chair, but I'm afraid I can't part with any hard cash, cos I haven't got any....

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.