Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ones that got away... 11 years 6 months ago #13687

Post here any models that you wish you'd bought, but for some reason didn't, or perhaps sold and regretted later.

I'll start:
Listed as "Team Assocated" only

I'd always fancied a TA RC10 gold pan, but they're pretty rare and seem to go for a lot on money, so my interest was piqued when I spotted this going for 99p with only a couple of days to go. I did some research and reckoned it was a RC10T2 from about 1995. It has the ally chassis, similar to the gold pan, but a stadium racer truck body. Several rungs down the desirability ladder from the gold pan, but interesting none-the-less.
It should look like this:

I don't know what they are worth, so I didn't want to pay a lot of money for it. I set a price and bidded (bode?). I missed it by a couple of quid and now wonder if I did the right thing :unsure:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Re: Ones that got away... 11 years 6 months ago #13688

... bidded (bode?) ...

Bid - tense is implied by context :)

I don't think you can ever assume you missed out on anything by a couple of quid - losing by one bid increment does not mean that's all the winning bidder actually bid - it could have been much higher.

I had an RC10 B2 for a while, and although it was very capable (for a 2WD buggy), it lacked character... you also need to remember that you will need imperial tools to work on the thing - a decent set of tiny allen keys/hex drivers, and a 1/4" drive socket set at minimum.

:)

Ones that got away... 11 years 6 months ago #13702

Aaaahhhh..... The one that got away. Her dad was the head of R and D for IBM. I could have been a kept man neck deep in Tamiya stuff. Oh and in the R/C world I very much regret selling off my M-01 mini and Parma coupe.

Re: Ones that got away... 11 years 6 months ago #13718

I usually bid all of what I'm willing to pay, that way I'm not disappointed if it sells for more. & like Jonny said, you can't really say you missed it by X amount, unless you know what the maximum bid of your opponent was.

The only "missed" one I can think of right now was that Quattro a few days ago, but again, like Jonny said, who's to say it wouldn't have gone for considerably more if I'd actually bid!
The most annoying "misses" I've had have been broadband connection or Ebay related -
You get down to the last few seconds (I always Buy Now or snipe, nothing else), go to put a bid in only to have the PC hang then report a lost connection, or discover that Ebay have booted me off the site for whatever reason.
This is one of the reasons I won't bid on "split" lots

Re: Ones that got away... 11 years 6 months ago #13756

Yeah, I had my WiFi drop out in the last 3 minutes of an auction last night. By the time I'd rebooted everything, it had finished. It went for more than I was willing to pay anyway, so no problem.

Re: Ones that got away... 11 years 6 months ago #13982

Mmmmph just missed out on a QD manta ray. router thought it would be funny to reboot.

:unsure: :huh:

Re: Ones that got away... 11 years 6 months ago #13988

I've been using Gixen (as recommended by larbut) ... when I remember, that is :whistle:

Re: Ones that got away... 10 years 10 months ago #22635

Spotted this the other day:

It's a Schumacher Bosscat and was listed as BIN for £18 plus postage. In the time I had worked out what it was and decided to buy it now, someone had placed a £1 bid on it :pinch:
I then forgot to bid :pinch: :pinch: It only went for £19 anyway - I expected it to go for much more.
Someone got a bargain I reckon.

Last edit: by Martin Bell.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.