Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Original (I think) XR-311 - be quick 11 years 6 months ago #14623

I'm still waiting for Paypal to release some funds because the buyer hasn't left feedback yet.

Does PayPal really keep it until feedback has been left? :huh:
What if they never do - as it isn't obligated...
Could it be your account has been opened recently?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Original (I think) XR-311 - be quick 11 years 6 months ago #14625

I'm still waiting for Paypal to release some funds because the buyer hasn't left feedback yet.

Does PayPal really keep it until feedback has been left? :huh:
What if they never do - as it isn't obligated...
Could it be your account has been opened recently?

It's because I'm a "new" seller despite my account being years old (I think less than 100 FB counts as new) they hold on to the funds for 21 days or until the buyer leaves +ve FB, whichever comes first.

Re: Original (I think) XR-311 - be quick 11 years 6 months ago #14626

Yes, thumbs up Martin for bringing it to light!
Depending on what it's like when it turns up, there maybe a resto thread on the cards, so I'll try to remember to take some pics of how it all goes together. Other option is to download the manual & have a wander through it to get some idea of what they're like.
In summary though, bodywork is about as resilient as an airfix military lorry kit & the twiddly bits get broken & lost, & hence are difficult to source. You'll usually end up making these bits.... I'm not sure if I did a resto thread on my Cheetah or not, but if I did, have a look - I had to make quite a few of the detaily bits.
Body is held on by grooved bushes locating in slotted holes (At the back, in the roll bar) & a nifty sliding latch thingy (At the front).

Chassis is simple bolt-together aluminium pressings, with plastic double-wishbone suspension. Suspension springs are adjustable plastic torsion bars, which are weak when they're intact, but mostly broken & difficult to source.

Gearbox has 2x (Or is it 3x? Can't remember) available ratios (By changing the gearset). No diff. 540 motor, dogbone outdrives.

Wheel support is odd - metal hubs screw to the wheels, hubs have integral shafts which pass through bearings (850 size?) in plastic carriers, & are held in place with circlips inboard (Fronts) or by grubscrewed dogbone cup (rear).

Er, I think the MSC is a 2-speed one... Interestingly the kit allows for use of 'D' dry cells (With battery holder parts) or will take a 6v rechargable pack for motive power.

I've actually had my eye out for one for quite some time, but most I've seen have needed more work than I have the time to do & have been priced more than I'm willing to spend. Jonny sent me some bits a little while back (Cheers Jonny!) & I was going to make a custom build out of it (Still plan to, might not happen as "next job" now though)

Re: Original (I think) XR-311 - be quick 11 years 6 months ago #14629

It's because I'm a "new" seller despite my account being years old (I think less than 100 FB counts as new) they hold on to the funds for 21 days or until the buyer leaves +ve FB, whichever comes first.

Good to know exactly... but a bit annoying that they won't give feedback when the shipment has arrived. :S
I always do the courtesy. Even if they gave me feedback right after I paid.

I'm curious about how the state of that Cheetah will turn out to be!
Looks very tidy on that picture. Which is no guarentee of course...

Re: Original (I think) XR-311 - be quick 11 years 6 months ago #14640

Don't really give a monkey's about its condition - if it turns out to be pants, I'm pretty sure I've got mare than enough parts now to build at least 1 half-decent one!
Of course, it would be nice if there's not a lot wrong with it!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.