Keyword

Poll: What are you charging? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

NiCd
5 15.6%
NiMH
13 40.6%
Lipo
14 43.8%
Other
No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 32 ( Jack Willy Orz, cumminsdoc, Purple_rob, nivapilot, uncletom ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC:

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 6 months ago #40816

using el cheapo slow wall-wart @400MaH it charges a 2000 NiMh in about 5-6 hours (I unplug them when Battery gets warm, ergo 80% had been attained)

2-ish month from this topic, I got the honour to say that I updated the old wall-wart into a quick Delta-Peak sensing charger (still a cheap deal, but scores more professional.) also, with an actual Ampere of power, charging a 2.000mAh batt, passed from 5-ish hours to a mere 2 hours.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dash_Crash.

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 6 months ago #40844

i use a 40 dollar full setup.

20 dollar - nitecore d2 charger.

10 dollar each - 18650 li-mn 20c rated - 3400mah - 4.2v fully charged battery.

----
requires soldering gun and sheilded bullet connectors and wire
----
great diy performance for budget. normal charging happens in the 2 slots at 4.2v so the batteries are simply soldered/wired/bullet connectors at both ends aswell then placed in the car and wired in series.
the charger requires the batteries fully disconnected and charged independantly.

- my tamiya fb has a "m" style battery tray so the 18650 batterys fit perfectly. i just remove the batteries and place them in the charger like normal.
--
WORKS AWESOME! I WENT FROM A 330G BATTERY TO A 100G BATTERY WITH EQAUL POWER AND 50 PERCENT INVESTMENT COST AND UPKEEP.

wow this setup is fantastic. i tried a set of 35c rated batteries and.... omg so awesome! my buggy does powerwheelies now.
----
the nitecore d2 charger is amazing aswell.
charges nimh nicad li-ion li-fe li-mn. with a full function display.......

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 6 months ago #40845

I am charging nimh and lipo battry's with my b6ac (geuine)
Last weekend it popped and stoppen. The power supply stopped.
I made the charger open and i found a 4amp table adapter inside witch burned down. little low when a charger charges my lipo's always on 5amp's i guess??
There was a fuse inside the power supply but id did nothing!

Now it's only the charger witouth power supply but i found an old pc onder a pile of hobby materials and i use the power supply from the pc!
Now i got 12, 5 and 3volt to mess with!

This is wat it's look like including my small conrad 2300nimh pack for my custom build mini crawler
I am a little scared after seeing this last night in my hometown so i stay close to the charger to keep an eye on it www.dvhn.nl/dre...98316.html

An empty case

Now jump on the pc to check the image sizes (sorry if they are way to big i am working on it, just like my english)
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Last edit: by poebe.

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 month ago #42685

I got this battery pack with cheap small charger with my Hornet kit. I want to charge my battery, but I don't know when to stop charging it. There are no indicator LEDs on it.

Attachments:

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 month ago #42696

2100 / 0.3 = 7 hour keep the temp's in control. if it gets to hot pull the plug out!

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 month ago #42719

Thanks for your tip, Poe. I will charge it now. Perhaps I can use smell as an indicator? If it starts to fume I'll be quick to unplugg it from the outlet.

I've not yet started installing any radio system in my buggies, I've been busy building Fighting Buggy and then my Hornet.

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 month ago #42734

no! get yourself a better charger ! (smart charger)

I am a little scared after seeing this last night in my hometown so i stay close to the charger to keep an eye on it www.dvhn.nl/dre...98316.html

(the charger of the vorklift was the cause of the fire)
I build this fleet of rental boats for amsterdam and i know wat the do's and dont's are with battery's.. yes electric boats trust me you need a better charger mokumbootverhuu...elf-varen/

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 month ago #42742

Yes I will. A charger with those four buttons on it.

I just wanted to charge my one Nimh here to test. It went pretty well avctually, no fire or anything, charged it for 6½ hours.

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 month ago #42744

An advice I use for my lipo, Chaarge it outside. Like in your balcony.

What are you charging (with)? 7 years 1 month ago #42746

.. or in the fridge?

Poebe. Do I need to charge my battery 7 hours every time? Or was it just this first time?

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.