Keyword

TOPIC:

It's tool time! 9 years 8 months ago #30197

It would be the one thing I choose if for some reason I end up in a show like Survivor (the loupe can provide fire)...

Yes it is this one

Please Log in to join the conversation.

It's tool time! 9 years 8 months ago #30199

I don't bother with pen knives / folding tools any more - along with small torches and lighters, they're something I just can't keep hold of - I don't know how many of them I've lost over the years, but I know I used to have to buy full boxes of 40 Clipper lighters once or twice a year :blink:

Plus I often find that there's a certain mentality that often goes with ownership of that sort of "toolbox in your pocket" item - that I should be impressed with how badly they've sawn a bit of wood or completely mangled a nut by trying to undo it with the pliers attachment, rather than wait 60 seconds for me to get the correct tool ... compared to that sort of cretin, adjustable spanner users are almost human :whistle:

ps best pocket knife I had was a Russki one, the guard could be used as a bottle opener, but other than that, there was none of this multipurpose horse puckey :whistle:

Anyway, to the purpose of me post - I finally bought a hot air gun of my own - the Bosch one still works fine (even if the cable is getting a bit rough after 20-25 years), but I borowwed it from my Dad several years ago & it's about time it went back :blush:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

It's tool time! 9 years 8 months ago #30204

:cry: I lost my leatherman simple blade with screwdrivers... (my best work helper)

It's tool time! 9 years 8 months ago #30208

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad

... buy full boxes of 40 Clipper lighters once or twice a year :blink:

Back when I tended bar, I used to have a bucket full of lighters. :evil:
Nice heat gun, quite a good decision I also got one of those at some point.

If I misplaced my Victorinox (big knock on a chunk of wood), I'd be lost when it comes to nail clipping. :silly:

It's tool time! 9 years 8 months ago #30284

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Superhydrophobic Ultra-Ever Dry... no it's not a Mary Poppins song and it's a rather silly name but works a treat :

Not exactly a tool but how great would that be to use on your RC car. :cheer:

It's tool time! 9 years 8 months ago #30298

AMAZING!!!

It's tool time! 9 years 8 months ago #30306

The green water meniscus demo was impressive ... my main thoughts though were

1: I bet the person jumping in the muddy puddle wished they'd treated their jeans, and

2: can they make something similar to keep the snails off my Hostas? ;)

It's tool time! 9 years 8 months ago #30307

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Re 2 - that shouldn't be impossible, after all they got the whole nanotech idea from the (lotus) water lily. :silly:

I was thinking it wouldn't be great to ingest this stuff (which might inadvertently happen). :S

Last edit: by Edou.

It's tool time! 9 years 5 months ago #32159

Shopping yesterday I spotted an Ultrasonic Cleaner in Lidl for £16.50. I think capacity was 600ml.
Reckon this is a good buy?

It's tool time! 9 years 5 months ago #32162

Shopping yesterday I spotted an Ultrasonic Cleaner in Lidl for £16.50. I think capacity was 600ml.
Reckon this is a good buy?

This one ? TBH it doesn't look as carp as I expected it to for that money - if fact in terms of size, spec/features & extras it's very similar to the James Ultra 7000 (30 GBP from Maplin, and although I killed mine I'd still rate it pretty highly)
:)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.