Keyword

TOPIC:

Non-vintage build threads and new forum categories 12 years 3 months ago #5830

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
I was wondering if it were possible to create a new section where the non-vintage (builds) could go.
There have been some cool projects posted but there's no other option than to place them with the vintage builds really.
Don't feel they belong in the off topic part either.
No rush - but a bit of a dilemma where to place them...

:silly: :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Non-vintage build threads and new forum categories 12 years 3 months ago #5833

I second that thought, most of my builds are not vintage.

Re: Non-vintage build threads and new forum categories 12 years 3 months ago #5834

I was wondering if it were possible to create a new section where the non-vintage (builds) could go.
There have been some cool projects posted but there's no other option than to place them with the vintage builds really.
Don't feel they belong in the off topic part either.
No rush - but a bit of a dilemma where to place them...

:silly: :)

I'd agree with that ... but maybe we need a dedicated "builds" section with more sub-sections - "vintage builds", "vintage restorations", "non-vintage builds", "non-vintage restorations", "vintage hopups & modifications", "non-vintage hopups & modifications", and "other builds"...

TBH I don't really see why so many people get worked up about things being in the "right" section, no here but I see it all the time on other sites, comments like "you might get more responses in you posted in the x section" ... are people _really_ that narrow-minded that they only look at specific sections? Any forum I'm involved with I hit the "recent topics" or equivalent button & will read from any section :S

Re: Non-vintage build threads and new forum categories 12 years 3 months ago #5837

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad

get worked up about things being in the "right" section

As a mod I cannot help but take it into consideration. ;)

I had a change in mind that might be a bit easier.
Which would be to change the off topic section into 'non-vintage and all other subjects' maybe...
And have a second build section there. :)

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Non-vintage build threads and new forum categories 12 years 3 months ago #5839

why not just add a "non vintage" section, then anyone can post what ever they want. whether its hop ups or builds. end of the day the site is called "vintage tamiya" :whistle:

Re: Non-vintage build threads and new forum categories 12 years 3 months ago #5843

I like Jonny's idea, with a section for non-tamiya & subsections within it, & I think it's interesting to see what other people are doing (Their ideas oftem solve a Vintage Tamiya problem) but isn't one of the rules of this site "only stuff to do with first 100 vintage tamiya RC car models"? (Yes I know I've been putting stuff on that isn't too). There's also the thought that if there's tons of info about anything & everything, it gets harder to find the stuff that is actually vintage tamiya related (To go so far as to say "That's why you came & looked at a site dedicated to vinage Tamiyas only & not Tamiyaclub or similar")

Re: Non-vintage build threads and new forum categories 12 years 3 months ago #5845

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Maybe we should make a bit of a distinction between the site itself and the part where everyone can post - the forum.
The latter is more open to any kind of contribution...
But it would be nice if the categories are (more) clearly defined.

Re: Non-vintage build threads and new forum categories 12 years 3 months ago #5847

How about a "Sister site" for it?

Re: Non-vintage build threads and new forum categories 12 years 3 months ago #5848

Well if I post something, it is so that somebody can read it in the feature.
Depending how far away that is, all will be vintage so why another categorie :whistle:

:P

Re: Non-vintage build threads and new forum categories 12 years 3 months ago #5859

get worked up about things being in the "right" section

As a mod I cannot help but take it into consideration. ;)

I'm sure you realise that comment wasn't directed at you - but aimed at the non-moderating, self-appointed "wrong section" Gestapo that seem all to prevalent on certain other sites ;)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.