Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Non-vintage build threads and new forum categories 12 years 3 months ago #6293

OK, I have done some changes to the Forums sections and categories.
There is now a much more fine grained split between the build threads, all paced in a separate section.

I have also made a new section called "General" where I have moved a few of the more general topics.

Let me know what you think!

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Non-vintage build threads and new forum categories 12 years 3 months ago #6309

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
I like it. Looks much better (and logical) than before with the diverse topics of late. :)
Didn't have to do a thing myself when it comes to relocating... :side:
But you know I'm always full of questions and suggestions. :whistle:

- Could we possibly turn the 'Scratch Builds' category into 'Scratch builds, paint & body shop'?
- Would a video / cinema category be an addition?
- Lastly (I think) - is there a particular reason why the first 149 models are to be vintage builds... and not 150? :huh: :silly:

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Non-vintage build threads and new forum categories 12 years 3 months ago #6326

- Could we possibly turn the 'Scratch Builds' category into 'Scratch builds, paint & body shop'?

Done :-) (good thinking!)

- Would a video / cinema category be an addition?

Not sure about this, but we can give it a try? Under "General" or "vintage Tamiya" ?

- Lastly (I think) - is there a particular reason why the first 149 models are to be vintage builds... and not 150? :huh: :silly:

Ehh, no... fixed! :laugh:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Re: Non-vintage build threads and new forum categories 12 years 3 months ago #6332

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Cool, thanks. :)

Not sure about this, but we can give it a try? Under "General" or "vintage Tamiya" ?

Still contemplating on it... I like all RC videos but I'm not sure now if they really need there own section.

I'd like to pose a question for all the members also :

Where does an original build end and a custom build start?

Just dyed rims for example - I think that would still be original...
A different paint scheme, does that qualify as a custom job?
Of course at some point the line becomes quite clear... ;)

Re: Non-vintage build threads and new forum categories 12 years 3 months ago #6334

i wouldnt class paint as a custom, thats really the builders own preference but i would think if you fit any parts to the car that didn't come as standard then you are looking at a custom build. even specific hop ups class as a custom in my brain cell! :whistle:

Re: Non-vintage build threads and new forum categories 12 years 3 months ago #6338

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Some solid arguments. :)
Now wondering about the electronics - do modern parts make it custom or should that be irrelevant for the build itself? :pinch:

Re: Non-vintage build threads and new forum categories 12 years 3 months ago #6340

hmmmmmmmmmm........some people fit better motors cuz they want it to go faster and i suppose some mods require upgraded electronics to cope. BUT......if it looks totally standard as it should do when its all put together then i would say it could still be classed as original build

Re: Non-vintage build threads and new forum categories 12 years 3 months ago #6343

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
We'll just have to use out best judgment on it I guess... and it's not a really big deal.
If I disagree with a certain topic placement I'll just relocate it. :P :lol:

One another note - maybe related to the new longer category titles - the text in the upper post doesn't seem to line up :

Attachments:

Re: Non-vintage build threads and new forum categories 12 years 3 months ago #6348

We'll just have to use out best judgment on it I guess... and it's not a really big deal.

I agree, noone will be penalized for making a topic in the a "wrong" category. :cheer: Original looking model (shape), with different color and, for instance modern motor,could still go in the original sections. But, it's no big deal :-)

One another note - maybe related to the new longer category titles - the text in the upper post doesn't seem to line up :

It looks fine on my PC, so either the problem is gone, or this varies from PC to PC.

-Lars

Re: Non-vintage build threads and new forum categories 12 years 3 months ago #6349

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad

Original looking model (shape), with different color and, for instance modern motor,could still go in the original sections. But, it's no big deal

I was going through the posted builds and also kept to this criterium.
Only moved around a few topics. Can't help strolling through the sections. :silly:
A custom build probably qualifies most when it's meant to be that way...

When it comes to paint and bodies, I'll only put topics there that don't qualify as a restoration tip - or technical. :)
But there might also be a (not incredibly relevant) overlap there.

Don't know about the text alignment exactly. Not a big deal either. ;)
Just incites my curiousity... it seems to be dynamic at least. :side:

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.616 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.