Keyword

TOPIC:

My lost Baby 11 years 4 months ago #16665

:cry:
Here is only what I keep of my first car.
I think to it everyday :cry: :cry: :cry:

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 3 months ago #16705

:P
Somebody has a Monster beetle as gift for me to replace my baja???? :whistle:
LOL

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 3 months ago #16716

Cool!
Did you build/mod it, or did you buy it like that?
My mate built one of the VW beach buggies a few years back, & another of my mates had a Pheonix VW trike (Which I had to wire up)

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 3 months ago #16731

I bought it as it. It is a 1973 1303 bay window. Modified by the first owner with a french JCR kit. It was stocked outdoor and when I bought it I stocked it in a box and the rust made the other very fastly. It was homologated in france :cry: .
I had to sold it because I was pushed out the box. The front is a fiberglass onepiece with LT35 headlights. Very light, only 520kg On the rear is only a small cap with trailer lights. Blue flames out the pipe... :evil: .
and karting turning wheele...
I had a big K&N but the round filter was funnier.

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 3 months ago #16741

I've had a couple of cars that I now miss, The first was a 1975 Toyota fj40 that I took from a standard red one, to a yellow offroad beauty that my wife and I went 4wding each weekend :laugh: (then we wanted buy a house so it had to go :( )
(looked like this but wasn't this one)

(not my wild willy jeep)

The 2nd was an 80's Toyota Lite Ace van that my wife abd I stripped down to bare metal and had painted for her to getbaround in, hence the colour :whistle: (this was my first car when I moved to Australia from New Zealand :cheer: )

(not my vanessa's lunch box)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 3 months ago #16745

:y:
Nice, The FJ looks like a CR01. You had the Barbie van :laugh:
You made a real hard work to paint the lite ace. Better than usine... Kept you the push bar?
My daughter lived 6 monthes in Australia and now she has onlyone idea, it's to make her life in Australia or new zealand :y:

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 3 months ago #16747

:y:
Nice, The FJ looks like a CR01. it was very simple with front and rear leaf springs You had the Barbie van :laugh:I know but the wife loved it :whistle: :blush:
You made a real hard work to paint the lite ace. Better than usine... Kept you the push bar? Yeah we needed the bull bar for the Kangaroos around here
My daughter lived 6 monthes in Australia and now she has onlyone idea, it's to make her life in Australia or new zealand :y: We take boarders :laugh:

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 3 months ago #16749

:y: In few monthes she will go out france :cry:
She fall in love with Australia and her project is to discover New Zealand :S
Good for us for holidays :P

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 3 months ago #16773

My first car - Datsun 720 Kingcab!
Before & after pics - in red when I brought it home

I was tapping away at the tranny tunnel trying to find some solid metal to weld to, to patch it up, there was a loud bang & the passenger floorpan was laying on the driveway... Gave up patching & spent the next 2 months sorting it out. Amongst several points of hilarity was the rear cabin thing which had been woodscrewed to the buck, then the gaps filled with roofing lead flashing(?!), the centre-section was plywood(?!), the rear of the cab had been cut 3-sides & folded back into the buck, then a bench (Rear) seat plonked on top to keep it there... The buck had been welded to the chassis, & despite the cab still being rubber-mounted, the gap betwixt buck & cab had been filled with squirty-foam then fillered over(?!)
Driver's side windscreen pillar was made entirely of filler, with a lump of studding up the middle to hold it there(?!).

After all the dodgy-findings, I didn't want to take any chances, so stripped it down to a pile of bits in the drive, then rebuilt it, with the result below

Attachments:

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 3 months ago #16792

Very nice job. :y: :y: :y:
It looks like a Brat (a brother). ;)
I am a very small player :( I never touch my beetle. No enough time and not enough money. I was at schoole when I bought it. I was 20 and all my money was for my... :blush: TAMIYA :evil:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.