Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Motor / ESC advice 9 years 9 months ago #30044

Spent two hours on Friday soldering wires onto and testing various motors out of my spares box and managed to find a 27T motor that seems to run OK. Need something faster for my TRX-3 though.

I now seem to have a big pile of motors all with various faults.

I will rig up some proper testing gear at some point and do some more methodical testing. I've got a big pile of MSCs I can use.

I am most dissapointed about the Kyosho Superstock 34 motor out of my Meteor. This looks like it is in really good condition, but gets very hot very quickly when run. In particular the brushes seem to get really hot.

Here's a list of what I have - can anyone tell me anything about them:

Team Orion "Havok" 23T
Trinity "Monster Horsepower, 1987 World Champions" (says STK on the can)
Kyosho "Super Stock 34"
LRP V10 Spec. 3 15x4
Yokomo "Psycho"
MG Model Products "Buggy Special, Brown Dot" 27T 22AWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Motor / ESC advice 9 years 9 months ago #30046

I am most dissapointed about the Kyosho Superstock 34 motor out of my Meteor. This looks like it is in really good condition, but gets very hot very quickly when run. In particular the brushes seem to get really hot.

When it's run in the meteor, or when you run it at all? If the former, I'm thinking a gearing issue, how many teeth has the pinion got?

Motor / ESC advice 9 years 9 months ago #30048

No, when I run it on the bench with no load. The Meteor has never run in my possession - another unfinished project :blush:

Motor / ESC advice 9 years 9 months ago #30070

Has the Kyosho Superstock got adjustable brush timing? - sounds like it might be over advanced (If you can rotate the endbell, try turning it say 3 degrees in the opposite direction to normal forward spindle rotation). In fact, good point, I take it "Normal" forward rotation of that motor is right for that car & someone hasn't adjusted the brush timing to make it "tuned for reverse direction"?

Look on the front of the Trinity Monster Horsepower - has it got "Epic" stamped on it?
If so, these motors are usually pretty powerful, normally 27T but behave like a 17x2, drain batteries quickly & are prone to comm & bearing wear

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.