Keyword

TOPIC:

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 7 years 9 months ago #39699

For as long as I have been a Member on TamiyaBase, I have drooled over "Manotas" Collection of 3speeds :ohmy: And of course my own childhood memories, Pressing my nose against the window of the local dealer to peer at a Bruiser :blush: Well today I finally dropped the hammer on a 3speed :laugh: Almost in my price range :pinch: , but close enough :whistle: EVERYTHING on the body (bar the window and interior) painted black :huh: But no damage :y: :y: :y:

Hi Andy,
Well done, that Mounty looks great in black and it looks like it's hasn't been driven that much.
Maybe i'm wrong, but isn't it a re-re body it has on? I'm saying this because the winker lights look like glass...and the wiper holes

Good luck removing the paint, i'm having some issues with the one i'm restoring at the moment (yes I got me another mountaineer :evil: :evil: ). As usual i used brake fluid, but apparently the paint applied by the previous owner was sort of resistant at it (maybe car paint you get everywhere).
I could remove it while applying brake fluid on the body and then put it on direct sunlight ! It's worth a try if it don't comes off easily.
Here a few pics :

After direct sunlight exposure

I hope this helps ! If you need some spares just hit me up i might have what you need :y:

Cheers
Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Manotas.

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 7 years 9 months ago #39701

:huh: Now I know why the brake fluid doesn't work on my bodies. No sunlights here :y: Thanks for the advice Manu.

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 7 years 9 months ago #39703

Thank's Manu, She is a Mountain Rider which has only been run a few times :) It's on the way from the USA, so I'm not sure about the paint yet ;) I'll most likely be media blasting it clean, like my BF body :) I spoke to the PO and he still has the remaining decals, Which will save me :P I think It will complete a nice group with the BF, MB & MB trio :)

PS: Nice tip on putting the brake Fluid covered body in the Sun to help activate :y:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 7 years 9 months ago #39704

Andy, how did you get that grill so shiney?

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 7 years 9 months ago #39712

Andy, how did you get that grill so shiney?

I used Super Chrome B)

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 7 years 8 months ago #39742

Hey Manu, I'm just wondering which radio you are using with your 3 speed's ? My Beastie is coming with a JR XF421ex, But it doesn't look to have a shift gate installed. Have you made your own gate or will the ebay available ones, ie: for the Futaba 4ex models be fine? Cheers Andy :)

Attachments:

Last edit: by AndyAus.

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 7 years 8 months ago #39743

:S I never be able to use the grill on any of my 3 speeds. nor the trucks, nor the hi lifts. :laugh:

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 7 years 5 months ago #41382

Bought this today. F102b Judd.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

Last edit: by blairis.

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 7 years 5 months ago #41520

Hey Manu, I'm just wondering which radio you are using with your 3 speed's ? My Beastie is coming with a JR XF421ex, But it doesn't look to have a shift gate installed. Have you made your own gate or will the ebay available ones, ie: for the Futaba 4ex models be fine? Cheers Andy :)

Hi Andy,
I'm sorry for responding that late mate...I had just a crazy time with work during the last few month !
I'm not using any shift gate..i tried to use some but I really never get used to !
The best solution, for me, is triggering the 1st speed on top right so that when the stick moves a little on the right during acceleration it keeps on that gear. And the same with the 3rd one, triggered top right. Once you get used to it it works pretty fine.

I'm actually using an old Futaba 7CAP, something like this one.

;) Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 7 years 3 months ago #42069

OMG! I finally got one :woohoo: Listed by a Japanese seller I have bought several items from & was happy to do me a deal :woohoo: Nearly mint :y: :y: :y: :y: :y:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63, Snappy1

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.