Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Egress 2013 8 years 3 weeks ago #37828

Just in case in didnt got mentioned, get a steel pinion (a RRP metric mod .6 for example, 18T, RRP 1118)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Egress 2013 8 years 3 weeks ago #37829

Tires alternative, dual blocks.
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, TommieG, stingray-63

Egress 2013 8 years 3 weeks ago #37834

@waterbok

I got Tamiya 18T Pinion Gear for 540 Motor (#9805997). I reckon this will not work and I should get the RRP metric mod .6?

I just chatted with Hobby King technical support guru and he told me that I should be able to run my Egress with 18T pinion gear and use the Turnigy TrackStar Waterproof 1/10 Power System 5200kv Brushless Motor 80A ESC.

Yep the 5200kv.... he told me that it will not damage my Egress's drive shaft.

I double asked him to confirm.

So should I go with the 5200kv rather than 3520kv?

Thanks

Last edit: by bigwig.

Egress 2013 8 years 3 weeks ago #37837

@waterbok

I got Tamiya 18T Pinion Gear for 540 Motor (#9805997). I reckon this will not work and I should get the RRP metric mod .6?

I just chatted with Hobby King technical support guru and he told me that I should be able to run my Egress with 18T pinion gear and use the Turnigy TrackStar Waterproof 1/10 Power System 5200kv Brushless Motor 80A ESC.

Yep the 5200kv.... he told me that it will not damage my Egress's drive shaft.

I double asked him to confirm.

So should I go with the 5200kv rather than 3520kv?

Thanks

If you can afford it avoid these cheap Chinese brushless gear & lipo batteries. They're much slower, far less reliable & have a shorter lifespan. Unless you don't mind being beaten by anyone running gear from the more reputable brands.
My other car is a Tamiya - bumper sticker on my van

Egress 2013 8 years 3 weeks ago #37844

Was told the Trackstar was better quality when getting a combo for the Losi 8ight & it was really easy to change settings with the program card. It's the only hassle with Tekin is that you have to use a computer to change any settings on the speed controller. Although it looks pretty cool doing so & it's much better than having to press buttons on the side of the ESC in the correct frequency to adjust things. :blink:
My other car is a Tamiya - bumper sticker on my van

Egress 2013 8 years 3 weeks ago #37848

The Tamiya pinion will work, but you have to keep in mind that the standard Tamiya pinion are 'soft' Aluminum and wear much quicker.
Hence it is advisable to use hardened or steel pinions.

Egress 2013 8 years 3 weeks ago #37858

I will definitely get the steel pinion.

If I get the Trackstar 5200kv motor & ESC combo, it will not tear up my Egress drive shaft correct? Or should I just stay with the 3520kv motor?

Re:Egress 2013 8 years 3 weeks ago #37860

Will all depend on how accurately you can setup the ESC with too much punch on throttle the brushless with their torque can rip all. Its an 80's design keep that in mind

Egress 2013 8 years 3 weeks ago #37864

Thanks.

My egress is 2013 but I guess it still based on 80's design. lol

I will just stick with a moderate brushless motor for now and take it from there.

Thanks again for everyone's inputs.
The following user(s) Liked this: rcmadkiwi

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.